YOU are just as important as EVERYONE else

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whocares

Reaction score
Don't ever think, even for one minute, that you aren't as important as other people. Don't ever think that you aren't deserving of the great things in life.

Some of you think you're too fat or too ugly or too shy or w/e. But you know what? You're a human being. Just like those people who are handsome and beautiful. Just like those people who are NOT shy. They're human beings JUST like you.

Therefore, don't ever be ashamed to love yourself unconditionally. Don't ever be ashamed to pat yourself on the back or tell yourself you did a good job. Don't ever put others above you and at the same time try your best not to put yourself above others. Love yourself, but be humble.

Again, you have a right to happiness. No matter what your imperfection, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE HAPPY.

The worst feeling in the world is that you're not good enough. That's what kept me back all these years. I believe that most of us (humanity) are (is) average looking. What does "hot" and "good-looking" mean? Confidence. You feel good about yourself, others will pick up on that. I've seen a lot of people here and everyone is just, normal. Nobody is ugly. Just confidence and a good self-esteem is all we need. Days that I look at myself in the mirror and I say "I'm ugly as hell" and other days "Wow, I'm quite good-looking". Your perception of everything is crucial.

Confidence goes a long way. Impossible to grow into it overnight, but you can become confident over time.

Anyway, about happiness, there are different kinds of happiness. Some people are happy with friends, some with family, some with money, some being alone. My book's definition of happiness is different than your's, and so is everyone else's.

But I agree, you have to love yourself and be confident with who you are, then meeting people and making friends will be a breeze. Good post. :)

Nice words. Thanks for sharing. But some people just have the feeling of unworthiness in their blood. I dont want to sound pessimistic, I'm trying to change after all .

I really want to believe that I am as important as everyone else, but it is so hard when I have spent years thinking the opposite. I hope I can come to believe it.

I don't believe that, everyone are different, so there would bound to be some people that are more important than others, more useful to others, contribute more and are more likeable, I'm not putting them on top of me, because it's not a rank, but not everybody is going to fill that same important role.

There are people that are just unimportant to me, so it makes sense that I'm unimportant to some people, not everyone are built the same.

I do appreciate a lot of people and thinks they deserves more than they think they could, and they could do/accomplish more than what they think they could.

Sadly, I don't really feel like this. It'd be an ideal situation where men (and women) were all equal, peers and so forth, but society is still very much built like a pyramid of castes, just like in the olden days of civilization. And Lawrens made a good point about individual skills- someone can and will gain status above you for skills they hold in any organization you find yourself a part of. Hell, doesn't even have to be skills- just knowing the right folks can give others a nasty edge. A lot of factors of one's personality and his origins can give people a great big leap forwards in comparison to the 'average guy'.

I think this Subnormality comic had it well put:

http://www.viruscomix.com/page435.html

am I? if I had to count how often someone told me something along the lines of "Im better friends with this person than I am with you" we'd be here all night...hearing that is bad enough, but to actually hang out with people that are way closer with each other than they are with you, that honestly feels worse than total loneliness

Yes, Everyone in this world is important and have any fact to come this world there is something that we are here in this world and we have to go back where from we come means to go back to Allah and get the results of our whole lives dead.

I like the positive tone of the message, but just because people deserve better, in most cases that still doesn't mean they will actually get what they deserve.

Sometimes I try to reason like what you suggested as well, and think "gee, I'm not a bad person - I deserve much more than what I get right now", but as long as you're not getting it, it just tends to be frustrating and depressing.

Not everyone is going to see it this way, and that's the problem. You can accept yourself, but others might not accept you.

DreamerDeceiver said:
Not everyone is going to see it this way, and that's the problem. You can accept yourself, but others might not accept you.

That's what's great about believing in YOURSELF and loving YOURSELF. it doesn't matter what the fcvk other people think. You gotta love yourself and realize that at the end of the day, you've got just as much of a right to everything that life offers just like everybody else

Latest posts

Back