Boy Troubles part 2

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmy23

Reaction score
So there's a boy who was obviously very flirty with me to the point where my roommates knew that something was going on between us. We would text all the time and cuddle a lot. And he told me when his girlfriend and him broke up which was a month ago but he failed to mention that they are still together. So I feel like I was being led on for the past month. Any advice on how I should handle this situation/ get over him?

If he's not honest with you now about things, he never will be. People tend to keep doing things that they get away with.

Thankfully you found out now instead of being led on for a much longer amount of time. Accept him for how he is, not just the parts of his personality that you enjoyed. He's a liar and most likely a cheater. He's made a fool of both you and his girlfriend. Ignore him and don't have any more contact. I wouldn't even be friends with someone who is so manipulative.

Kat said:
Thankfully you found out now instead of being led on for a much longer amount of time. Accept him for how he is, not just the parts of his personality that you enjoyed. He's a liar and most likely a cheater. He's made a fool of both you and his girlfriend. Ignore him and don't have any more contact. I wouldn't even be friends with someone who is so manipulative.

while I agree with Kat, I also hear you that it stinks to feel like you were special, then realize that he's been dishonest with you. The truth of the matter, though, is that his affection for you - which may very well have been genuine in its own way - probably had more to do with his ex/girlfriend and what he was missing from her than it did with you. Whether we want to judge him or not, don't lose focus of that - getting involved with someone who's already involved with someone else, or still hung up on someone else, will very rarely do you any favors.

think, instead, about finding someone who is focused only on you and isn't looking to replace someone else. when you meet someone who's really into you and not just jumping from person to person you'll notice a big difference, and it will be light-years better. Don't let yourself miss out on something like that so you can follow around someone who's already following around someone else. :) you deserve better!

Gravity said:
Kat said:

while I agree with Kat, I also hear you that it stinks to feel like you were special, then realize that he's been dishonest with you. The truth of the matter, though, is that his affection for you - which may very well have been genuine in its own way - probably had more to do with his ex/girlfriend and what he was missing from her than it did with you. Whether we want to judge him or not, don't lose focus of that - getting involved with someone who's already involved with someone else, or still hung up on someone else, will very rarely do you any favors.

think, instead, about finding someone who is focused only on you and isn't looking to replace someone else. when you meet someone who's really into you and not just jumping from person to person you'll notice a big difference, and it will be light-years better. Don't let yourself miss out on something like that so you can follow around someone who's already following around someone else. :) you deserve better!

Yeah the whole he was using me to sort of replace his girlfriend while he's here idea occured to me. It makes me feel a whole lot better knowing that other people have the same idea. Because I worry when I talk to him he's going to try to blame me or deny it somehow, but it wasn't in my head or anything. He was obviously leading me on/using me.

Latest posts

Back