One moment...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
Sometimes, it only takes one moment to change someone's life or for someone to change yours.

Have you ever experienced that? Have you changed someone's life, or had someone to change yours, in the blink of an eye? Please share.

Someone hired me when I was having a hard time finding a job. That changed things for me considerably. I went from going days and days without eating, not having much of anything in the way of clothes, and more to paying a load of bills and taking care of my mother since 25. To most people, it's not much of a job. Nevertheless, it has afforded me a comfortable life style. It has allowed me to breathe a bit.

Yes.

I was all depressed and suicidal for a long time. In a blink of an eye I decided to change my entire life. If it wasn't for that, by now, I think I would have done something I would regret.

I had thoughts about punching my annoying aunt in her wrinkled old face, but decided not to, if I did, she would've been dead, but she's still alive now.

I think that's the only thing I could come up with...

Every decision we take, and every word we say can influence people in ways we could never imagine. Of course there are the life-changing events like break-ups, especially in marriage, or having an argument with a friend that causes you to split up, but perhaps the most intriguing chances are the ones that go unnoticed.
Perhaps some of you have had those - where somebody who you might not even know all that well says a simple thing, whether it be positive or negative, and it either helps you or hurts you in a way that forever changes the way you think, yet outwards you give off the impression that disregarded the entire comment. Nobody will ever know how this, yet these seemingly small things can have a dramatic effect nevertheless.
I know for sure that I've had these things happen to me, from all kinds of persons, but I'm not sure if I've ever effected other people in this way.

Mostly I have wasted opportunities where I COULD have changed someone's life (possibly)... and yet for whatever reason I didn't. :(

None in particular come to mind, I'm afraid. I've had some revelations in the long run in the manner of 'Time to try something new' or 'This isn't my thing at all', but no veritable 'Eureka!' moments.

When I was in Junior High, I met the late Joe Harris. He was my chess teacher and he completely changed my view of the world with his logic and experience. He taught me humility and self respect. I love him and miss him very much.

I could think of a few but I'd rather not talk about some of them.....
The only one I can think of that I can would have to be when my dad was out and I was going to do something, unwise, and my cousin knocked on the door, drunk.
This is why I blame the Irish....

Latest posts

Back