Confessions of a [not so] Dangerous Mind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

diamond-dancer

Sometimes I like to type as though I'm playing the piano. Rhythmic..dramatic...the rises and falls. Takes much longer to get anything typed though.

Also, I can't even play the piano.

What do YOU do when you think no one is watching?

I dance a lot when I'm moving around at home. Not very professional, I just jump and spin around and do all kinds of strange motions to get me where I want. I don't know why really, just more exciting that way I guess ^^

I stare at ants, trying to hypnotize them. Sometimes it works. O_O

^^ew... my little sister used to do that. The toenail part... gross!
I don't sing in the shower... but I sing offkey out of the shower, much to the dismay of my little sister. That's what she gets for ruining my childhood by biting her toenails!
But the thing I do when no one is watching... I used to play pretend and die dramatically, I got pretty creative about it. And I had an imaginary friend named Nobody until I turned 16. But nowadays, I watch anime when no one is around... It's my new deepest darkest secret. So don't tell anyone! lol.

Qui said:
And I had an imaginary friend named Nobody until I turned 16.

I had an imaginary friend when I was little. It was Link from Zelda on Nintendo. I had a big emotional goodbye with him when I was 5. Cried and everything. Weird...
I don't really do anything when no one's looking that I wouldn't do anyway. I used to talk out loud to myself all the time though up until I was about 17.

Honestly? I sing. As loud as I can get away with. I cant hold a tune, and my voice is totally off key when I try, but theres something about turning my stereo up loud and belting out a good song that makes me feel a little better. As soon as I think someone might hear me, I shut up. It can be anything from Pink to Metallica, depending on how I'm feeling.

broken_girl said:
Qui said:
And I had an imaginary friend named Nobody until I turned 16.

I had an imaginary friend when I was little. It was Link from Zelda on Nintendo. I had a big emotional goodbye with him when I was 5. Cried and everything. Weird...
I don't really do anything when no one's looking that I wouldn't do anyway. I used to talk out loud to myself all the time though up until I was about 17.

When alone - I sing very deep like I'm the base in a barbershop quartet... or I quote funny sayings or noises from movies that make me laugh at myself. Sometimes I scream and shout at the top of my lungs and completely spaz out like I'm having a seizure... find it burns excess energy. Or I'll jump up on furniture and move around the room jumping from furniture to furniture trying not to touch the floor. Sometime I jump on my bed or the couch... sometimes I wonder if I have ADD, but then my mind goes on to something else :p

I had an imaginary friend named shadow... and he was my shadow and stayed with me day and night... he's still with me as a matter of fact :)

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Sometimes I scream and shout at the top of my lungs and completely spaz out like I'm having a seizure... find it burns excess energy.

oh, I wish I could do that! I lived in a dorm for a while, where they had the "Tuesday Scream" - everyone would lean out of their windows at the same time and scream as loudly as they could.
I never managed, just couldn't do it - talk about repressed....

Sometimes when noone's within earshot, I'll redo converstations that I had wished I'd done differently, just to hear how it would have sounded if I had said what I 'should' have said at the time. It usually sounds a lot better then when I actually had the conversation lol :p

oh and sometimes I shadowbox

jamie said:
oh, I wish I could do that! I lived in a dorm for a while, where they had the "Tuesday Scream" - everyone would lean out of their windows at the same time and scream as loudly as they could.
I never managed, just couldn't do it - talk about repressed....

Now that wouldn't work for me either... I can't do it if it's planned out like that... it'd have to be spontaneous or not at all... I'd probably wait an hour or so after they had done their screaming, then stick my head out and scream alone.... that or scream early before they got the chance to ruin it with their organized outburst.

AngryLoner said:
Sometimes when noone's within earshot, I'll redo converstations that I had wished I'd done differently, just to hear how it would have sounded if I had said what I 'should' have said at the time. It usually sounds a lot better then when I actually had the conversation lol :p

I've done that with conversations before... usually if I'm really upset about how the conversation actually went. That, or if it's an important conversation, and I haven't done it yet... sometimes I'll do that to build up the courage to approach someone... sometimes it just makes things worse though cause I'll over-think it and lose my will to make the approach.

When alone - I sing very deep like I'm the base in a barbershop quartet... or I quote funny sayings or noises from movies that make me laugh at myself. Sometimes I scream and shout at the top of my lungs and completely spaz out like I'm having a seizure... find it burns excess energy. Or I'll jump up on furniture and move around the room jumping from furniture to furniture trying not to touch the floor. Sometime I jump on my bed or the couch... sometimes I wonder if I have ADD, but then my mind goes on to something else :p

Lol, that made my day worth living right there

I would shout but someone's always in ear range here so they would think I'm crazy! Usually when I'm alone I can be seen singing Led Zeppelin songs as they are playing, pretending I'm on stage with Plant and Page, all while dancing in a weird way that reminds me of that old walk like an Egyptian dance:p....

^^lol. walk like an egyptian. my mom told me a funny story from when she was in medical school how the med students had a talent show and she and all her friends did "walk like a physician". That made me laugh so hard.
And I too have pretended to be on stage with Plant and Page... I wish I could play guitar like Jimmy Page, that would be sooo cool.

Lost in the Oilfield, you are merely entertaining yourself, doing the job nobody around you is helping you with. I'll admit that I do similar sort of things to you. Hats off to you for being the first one to admit to it, though. :p

Sometimes I do some kind of primal scream---with all my breath and all my might---to express how angry and tormented I am by some things that have happened in the past several years. I've done it about twice a year, and it feels good...(Hmm...Should do more often) ;)

GodsWitch said:
Sometimes I do some kind of primal scream---with all my breath and all my might---to express how angry and tormented I am by some things that have happened in the past several years. I've done it about twice a year, and it feels good...(Hmm...Should do more often) ;)

yeah I get primal too, but honestly it takes something powerful like O Fortuna to get me worked up like that... or the entire Carmina Burana for that matter... it just effects me in a weird way I suppose.

Styx -
I'm happy to amuse myself... I think it's the only thing that has kept me sane all these years... kudos to you for pointing out that it is everyone's need to unleash once in awhile :)

Qui - I used to LOVE that song as a kid! :D

Nevermore-
I love Zepplin... I learned to play drums to John Bonham years ago... he was an amazing drummer and Zepplin was an amazing band. Three of my fovorites are Stairway to Heaven (of course), Gallows Pole, Immigrant Song, Kashmir, Moby Dick... ahhh I could go on and on... Led Zepplin is immortal! :)

bluey said:
Qui - I used to LOVE that song as a kid! :D

T_T^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good song not heard it in years :)

Hehe can you do the dance??? I can still do a little of it :D

I think we need a Classics thread Bluey... where we can bring up all the good music and bands of the past.

I binge on CHOCOLATE. If I was still anorexic, this wouldn't be a problem. I see myself doing this, even tho no one else sees me.
I don't like what I see!!!!! What's the secret to will power????

I gave up smoking nearly two years ago now and I did not fined it easy to do.

The secret to will power,,, I don't think there is any. I think its about the stat of the mined. Its moor to do with how you approach things then pure well power.

Preparation is then name of the game.

Have a plan, No matter how silly have one. Like if your bored stupid try and make plans to do something the next day be for you get to that next day. That's just one example of how you can prepare for something.

I hope you got where I was coming from there. I always tend to go rambling on about other stuff after a bit :) lol

GodsWitch said:
What's the secret to will power????

Latest posts

Back