Question about sappy love movies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

broken_girl

I have no idea where to post this or if anyone feels the same way but here goes:

When I was a little girl I used to think that women cried at those sappy romantic movies because they were "overly emotional" or "touched" by the movie. Now I understand the real reason.

Now I realize that women cry because they see something they will never have. Happiness. Movie love. Passion. That's why I cry.
I cannot bring myself to watch any sappy love movie. Not just because they are usually boring, but because if at any point in the movie I see passionate kisses or intimacy I instantly have tears steaming down my face because I know I will never have that.

Does anyone feel this way about sappy love movies? Avoiding them for this reason?

broken_girl said:
I have no idea where to post this or if anyone feels the same way but here goes:

When I was a little girl I used to think that women cried at those sappy romantic movies because they were "overly emotional" or "touched" by the movie. Now I understand the real reason.

Now I realize that women cry because they see something they will never have. Happiness. Movie love. Passion. That's why I cry.
I cannot bring myself to watch any sappy love movie. Not just because they are usually boring, but because if at any point in the movie I see passionate kisses or intimacy I instantly have tears steaming down my face because I know I will never have that.

Does anyone feel this way about sappy love movies? Avoiding them for this reason?

I definitely feel this way about sappy love movies. Or even tv shows some times or stories even. Anything that deals with true love or two people living happily ever after just kills me inside. I never feel more lonely than when I watch one of those movies. So I avoid them like the plague.

Definitely prefer typical guy movies (comedies, action, horror, war)

Happiness in general repulses me. I see two people happy together and it just makes me feel like and island staring longingly at a continent... But this island isn't predicting any continents shifting in my direction too soon... bleah for sappy movies. and bleah for a lame simile.

broken_girl said:

Yes. I don't watch them... most parts make me gag BLAAAAH... and they are often boring at other points... sometimes certain things make my heart hurt tho... probably, as you say, because seeing others intimacy makes me sad... no waterworks... doesn't effect me that much, but it pains me to know I'm missing out.

broken_girl said:

To be honest, if I were somehow tricked into watching a sappy romance, the only reason I may cry is because I find them to be unbearable.

Life isn't like the movies... If you compare your life to them you will only be disappointed.

Having said that, I think people should romance one another more!

I wish someone would buy ME a selection of flours!! (Stranger Than Fiction)

diamond-dancer said:
broken_girl said:
I wish someone would buy ME a selection of flours!! (Stranger Than Fiction)

Hah, do you mean like whole wheat, pastry, all-purpose? :p
Careful what you wish for hehehe

I get the flour I want a cake or something though! My baking skills are sub-par... though I did make an accidental cake once... it was supposed to be a loaf of white bread, but turned out tasting more like a cross between cornbread and pound cake when I was finished... mmmmm was a tasty mistake. :p

Latest posts

Back