Why won't girls be my friend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcane

Reaction score
I have the hardest time finding any friends that are girls. They NEVER want to be friends with me.......and I try to be friends with every and ANY type of girl from any race or culture.....none stay my friend for long..and none of them will tell me what i did wrong...am i not girly enough? doess anyone else have problems having friends of the same sex?

Some ppl just find it easier to be friends of the opposite sex.
And some of the same.
I guss your one of them ppl that make friends with lads easier.
It is harder to make friends as you get older.
Most ppl by a certain age have there own circle of friends and are not looking for moor.
with saying that ppl do make friends and loss them as time moves forward.

Am sure with time you well find some girls to have girly times with.

Maybe they envy you. Or it could be what Bluey said. I often don't get along with other guys either, probably because of the whole competitive matter, that clash of egos and such, I just don't like to put up with that. Don't let it put you down, Arcane, forget about it.

Maybe you are so pretty you intimidate them and they don't want to be the "ugly girl" standing next to you. :eek:

This isn't new, I hear women are more competitive with each other. It kind of sucks when they won't tell you why though. They either don't know or don't want to hurt your feelings, or it's just them. There are girls out there that will be friends with each other. Heck I had a group of friends where there was the pretty girl, the fat girl, the tomboy, the flat chested one, the butch one, the self absorbed one, the not so attractive one, and they were all friends. Most still are too. Of course there was some jealousy (which seem to be more prevalent with women) and drama but they would always work through it or get over it.

It's finding someone you have something in common with and someone you won't feel jealous of or find yourself competing with or who won't compete with you.

I have trouble having friends, period. Not just friends with periods.

Yeah, it's getting late, and it's starting to show- sorry about that one. :)

I know these two girls. They're both very pretty. One of them doesn't care much about her looks (or at least she doesn't give any indication of doing so), she wears casual clothing, doesn't talk about or put focus on her appearance, and is generally just nice and friendly. I like her.

The other girls comes off as somewhat conceited about her looks; always dressing up in something that shows off her body, constantly putting up new pictures of herself on facebook (usually sexy/"artsy" pics), likes to talk about her looks, and is generally just nice and friendly. I don't really like her. Granted, it's probably a bit of that catty "I feel ugly compared to her (because I am)" thing, but also because I perceive her as shallow, vain and narcissistic, and I generally don't care much for people like that. I get the feeling she's always trying to get as much attention as possible, thus always "competing" with the rest of us (knowing that she's prettier than most), and I don't feel comfortable around her because of it. I don't actively dislike her, I just can't be bothered to have her as my friend.

I don't know enough about you to place you in any of those categories, Arcane, so I hope you don't feel like that's what I'm doing. I'm just trying to explain why I like some girls, and why I don't like others, hoping this information might be of some use to you. :)

maby,your a thread(spelled wrong) to them , eg. u go out and theres a boy they like,they r scared that he will go for u cuz you Hotter than them,

if they dont want u around,they wont be good friends enyways so just leave them,be friends with ppl who will actuly want u around

A lot of pepole are saying it could be some sort of jealousy...I think that's so ridiculous...everyone has something about their life that i envy...I wouldn't have any friends if i let it consume me. And I am not one of those conceited girls ..I am more prone to show myself online because it makes me feel better for some reason...but offline it's a different story. Bah...I guess I do just have to ignore it I don't see how to MAKE people like me. This girl I was friends with since highschool really upset me after she gave me something that gave me a seizure and couldn't care less..she hurt me so much i just want to get revenge on her ...but i know how stupid and childish that is.

Yes, actually. I've never really had a female friend stay friends with me for very long--only because I'm no longer interesting to them or they've completely changed how they act and the kind of hobbies they've indulged themselves in.

Keep looking though.

There are still plenty of girls out there who, I'm sure, would really like to be your friend.

glad i'm not the only one..

lavenderashes said:
Yes, actually. I've never really had a female friend stay friends with me for very long--only because I'm no longer interesting to them or they've completely changed how they act and the kind of hobbies they've indulged themselves in.

Even now, in college, I've found it difficult to make friends with females. When I don't, I get irritated.

I know it's okay to be angry..but i do think it is silly to be like plotting revenge in my head........and not because of the seizure...just cause she doesn't care about me and hurt me i guess. I've have issues with women all my life. gah.
SophiaGrace said:
You aren't being silly for being angry about the seizure.

To be honest, I think that when women form friendships with each other, its emotionally closer than most male friendships. That may also be why it is harder - more investment, and probably more return?

I would offer to be arcane's friend but I think I make a shitty friend.

Instead, I will post to her threads.

I'm having a shitty day if no one else can tell...

I'd offer to be her friend too but I'm not a girl.
Actually, I offer anyway :)

SophiaGrace said:

What happened today? What makes a good day?

well...if you don't wanna be my shitty friend..im just thankful you know im here and talk to me :)

why such a bad day? can i help?

SophiaGrace said:
I would offer to be arcane's friend but I think I make a shitty friend.

Instead, I will post to her threads.

very true.......for the most part.

IgnoredOne said:
To be honest, I think that when women form friendships with each other, its emotionally closer than most male friendships. That may also be why it is harder - more investment, and probably more return?

:)

xrchz said:
I'd offer to be her friend too but I'm not a girl.
Actually, I offer anyway :)

SophiaGrace said:

What happened today? What makes a good day?

Latest posts

Back