What do you think about suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sum ppl have things that rnt temp/fixable
i can really understand how suicidal feelings r so **** difficult in those situations
but u just have 2 keep forging
yeah
i know
it isnt ez nowhere ez 2 do that
but u just have 2 keep fighting thru it
sumtimes u lose that battle
n hopefully u live thru it
itll b hell @ 1st if u do
but @ least then ur still living
as long as ur living
theres still that chance

Its just a bad thing....
and its also a sin, its not good for any person....
because every problem has its solution....
so the suicide is not the solution of any thing....

It's something I've thought about. Often. But never done. Mostly because of my daughter. i don't feel I have the right to put her through the guilt she'd feel if I did that.

Also, at the back of my head, is the feeling that - given my luck - I'd probably just have to start my life all over again until I got all the way through it. I REALLY don't want to have to do that.

Not sure if any of that helps you but there are certainly plenty of people here who know the feeling. Well.

I think about it daily. Can't help it. It's very alluring. All the pain, sadness, depression goes away. Ur finally free.it's amazing.

ahsatan said:
I think about it daily. Can't help it. It's very alluring. All the pain, sadness, depression goes away. Ur finally free.it's amazing.

I think about it more often than I'd like, not everyday, but you're right... It's alluring.
Then I think about my dogs. Who would take care of them? And I think about my nieces and nephews. I don't see them often, but we're close enough that that choice would hurt them. I think about the people that would be hurt and even though a part of me says "they'd get over it" or "they don't really care"... the last thing I want to do is hurt someone else, and at least for now that part is bigger than the part of me that wants to escape.

Something I realized far later than I should have, is that if I don't want to hurt others... Why am I so willing to hurt myself? Am I not worth the same consideration?

I don't know the entirety of what you're dealing with, but I hope you don't give in to those thoughts. 
((Hugs))

I watched a documentary about people who survived a suicide attempt and the ones that survived, they had instant regret the second they jumped.

We will all die eventually, may as well make the best of it while we are still alive.

I sort of tried to kill myself. Several times I planned on doing it. I would get drunk, grab my gun, load it up, and go into the backyard. I would rapidly fire off several bullets into the ground, point the gun at my head, and scream, do it! Do it! 

Then I would drop the gun back down and fire off some more bullets and point the gun at my head again. I also sort of tried to drown my self by excessively drinking, swimming, swallowing water, and diving far below the surface of the water. I would get drunk and pass out in the pool too. But, I would keep popping back up. For quite awhile I put myself in extremely dangerous situations hoping I would die. I hoped something would happen. 

But, in the end, nothing ever happened. Well, things did happen but nothing too serious. For the longest time I thought I was a coward. Either way I realized that I couldn't kill myself so I stopped thinking about it. That ended up being a good thing. It's less negative crap to think about. I will die at some point. Then there will be no more problems. I'll be saying fresia You to this world as I go though that's for sure.

I guess suicide is pointless as well as life itself and everything around. The one moment when these things are becoming meaningful it is when we are giving meaning to them. I think every person who decided to commit suicide should ask this question: "What the point?" Many would be a struggling to find a proper answer because it is really pointless.
Some would say if life is pointless too why to live? I don't know the answer. Live just to live, to see the stars, to breath the air, to feel the water. :)

MsIslander said:
Live just to live, to see the stars, to breath the air, to feel the water. :)

This is pretty much what I hold on too. 
Past too horrible and the future non existent. 
💜

kaetic said:
ahsatan said:

I think about it more often than I'd like, not everyday, but you're right... It's alluring.
Then I think about my dogs. Who would take care of them? And I think about my nieces and nephews. I don't see them often, but we're close enough that that choice would hurt them. I think about the people that would be hurt and even though a part of me says "they'd get over it" or "they don't really care"... the last thing I want to do is hurt someone else, and at least for now that part is bigger than the part of me that wants to escape.

Something I realized far later than I should have, is that if I don't want to hurt others... Why am I so willing to hurt myself? Am I not worth the same consideration?

I don't know the entirety of what you're dealing with, but I hope you don't give in to those thoughts. 
((Hugs))

Thanks. 🤗 My life is hell though. Chronic pain and lack of healthcare where i live. No friends irl. I only have my elderly mom and no other fam.

I wish I had the courage to do it. I would love to be dead because I hate my life and myself. I often think how incredibly miniscule the chances were that I had to come into existence. What horribly bad luck I had to be born! I wish there was euthanasia given out freely to humans who want it. With climate change, overpopulation, replacement of workers by AI, etc. they might want to consider giving humans the choice to opt out painlessly. But they don't yet. Maybe one day I'll be brave and do it my own way. Can't see myself still enduring this for half a century. I'm more than a third through this honeysuckle, statistically speaking, so that's something at least but not enough.

I tried committing suicide twice. First time, I remember swallowing exactly 13 Benadryl Pills. Even though they were sleeping pills, I did not even sleep that night. I was afraid that if I did, I would die.
In the morning I just puked out a lot of liquids. No one knew until years later.

The second time got me to the hospital. I don't know how many tablets I swallowed, I just took everything in the pill bottle. It was another sleeping pill, Seroquel. My chest felt tight and heavy and I was getting drowsy. I confessed to my parents that I had just taken the pills because I really was afraid I was going to die and become no more.

I'm ok now but just last week my friend tried committing suicide. He messaged me on WhatsApp saying good bye and with a vomiting emoji like this 🤮. He took me by surprise. I didn't know what to say so it took me a while to respond. Eventually, he said he was ok, they took him to the ER too.

As much as possible I don't want anyone to commit suicide. But I don't know the pain they're feeling so I am in no place to judge them.

But if you do go on with it, I hope you that's not the last of you and we'll see each other again, along with your friends and family and all your loved ones.

Latest posts

Back