question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlerunawa

Reaction score
well 2 questions actually
there's this guy at my work that I'm absolutely crazy about, simply can't stop thinking about him. the thing is sometimes I think I have a chance with him and other times I feel like he barely knows/cares I'm alive. maybe you can figure it out.
on the rare ocassions we get to work together he sometimes gets very close to me (physically, not that I mind), on another day (a kind of pool party for our section) he asked me to put sunscreen on his back (the only other girl besides me was sleeping) and the offered to do the same for me. he mentions my non existing boyfriend sometimes (something like: "so you're bringing your boyfriend with you" or something like that, although I never mentioned any boyfriend). that makes me think maybe there's something there.
on the other hand it seems like he never has time to talk to me, and when I tried visiting his work station a couple of times he pretty much told me that he's too busy with work. the same happened when I wanted to chat with him on Facebook one morning.

I realize he maybe thinks I'm too young (I'm almost 27, he's 35, but looks younger) but thinking about him drives me nuts. which brings me to my second question:
what can I do to get him out of my head? I don't see him often (usually a couple of times a week) but every time I do all the feelings come right back to me...

Have you ever mentioned that you don't have a boyfriend? That would be a huge step in helping to figure out what he's up to. Does he have a girlfriend? He could just like you as a friend, and maybe he feels you are looking for more so that pushes him away. Or he could be looking for a FWB. There might be an age thing going on with him, I'm a year older then him and 27 might have me questioning myself. Though at this age we can't be too picky over something as small as that. It's not like your 18. Your a mature young woman.

Maybe take the initiative and see what happens. If it proves fruitless then put him out of your mind and move on.

littlerunawa said:
well 2 questions actually
there's this guy at my work that I'm absolutely crazy about, simply can't stop thinking about him. the thing is sometimes I think I have a chance with him and other times I feel like he barely knows/cares I'm alive. maybe you can figure it out.
on the rare ocassions we get to work together he sometimes gets very close to me (physically, not that I mind), on another day (a kind of pool party for our section) he asked me to put sunscreen on his back (the only other girl besides me was sleeping) and the offered to do the same for me. he mentions my non existing boyfriend sometimes (something like: "so you're bringing your boyfriend with you" or something like that, although I never mentioned any boyfriend). that makes me think maybe there's something there.
on the other hand it seems like he never has time to talk to me, and when I tried visiting his work station a couple of times he pretty much told me that he's too busy with work. the same happened when I wanted to chat with him on Facebook one morning.

I realize he maybe thinks I'm too young (I'm almost 27, he's 35, but looks younger) but thinking about him drives me nuts. which brings me to my second question:
what can I do to get him out of my head? I don't see him often (usually a couple of times a week) but every time I do all the feelings come right back to me...

hey friend ! well i guess this guy might be interested in you but you need to show him more interest, he is that type who shows you something and then runs away a lil bit to see how you react , tell him you dont have a boyfriend maybe ask him if he needs to hang out one day but if he still runs away just ignore him totally and see if he comes back running, concerning the age thing i dont think its huge you both r adults and can handle a realtionship :)

it sounds to me like he's at least a little interested in you. he may just be playing hard to get. a lot of people do this (i don't know WHY!) and it can be quite frustrating and confusing to do so as it usually ruins their chances of getting with someone.

the time that you visited his work station is something else though. personally, i don't like to be visited at my station. i'd rather be approached in the hall, by the vending machines, or in the cafeteria. the thing is that there is no privacy at my station, and that's a real bummer for anyone trying to approach me because i will always shoot them down.

you should just stop fooling around and ask him. i think he's interested. when a man mentions your "non-existant boyfriend" that you never mentioned, he's fishing for intel. it's how the game is played. just ask him out already! i feel for him, lol. best of luck!

-freedom

Latest posts

Back