Drawrings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RyanEhf

lifelessthreat.jpg

Lifeless Threat

birdandbee.jpg

Bird and Bee

Morgoth-large-1.jpg

This is a scene from "The Silmarillion", which is basically a bible of sorts J.R.R. Tolkien wrote for the Lord of the Rings world. Depicted here is Morgoth, the original dark spirit of Middle Earth and mentor to Sauron. Morgoth stole the Silmarills (jewels crafted by the most skilled elf to ever live, and containing light from the Two Trees of Valinor...it's a long story...) and placed them in his crown. In this scene an elf maiden tip-toed into his fortress and sang a magical melody which caused him to drift into slumber. As his head tipped forward the crown slipped off and fell to the floor. I forget what happened after...I think he woke up and was rather grumpy about the whole thing.

mintymint said:
Cool drawings :D

Thanks!

nietzche.jpg

A quick sketch of Nietzsche

portal.jpg

Portal

This started off as a simple pattern I was messing around with.

demons.jpg

Demons

Some experimenting with water colors lead me to make this: the only thing I've painted I ever really liked.

metaphysicalselfportrait_censored.jpg

Metaphysical Self-Portrait (censored)

Ok, this one is somewhat controversial. If you really feel you must see the whole thing then pm me for the link. You may do this at your own peril.

I should also add that when I drew this I was in a state of extreme depression/anxiety, I don't always feel this way.

****, you're pretty ******* great at detail. I like the (censored) Metaphysical self-portrait :D

But, I feel gypped. I thought you were going to draw rings.:p

Again, incredible detail. :) The metaphysical self is particularly attention-drawing and every time I look at it, I notice something different.

Peter Lorre said:
Nice work young man :cool:

Impressive (y)
Thank you Mr. Lorre.

Vagrant Legacy said:
Dude.. don't ever stop drawing. That's ******* amazing.
Actually I did stop, the most recent drawing in here is from 2008. I’m not sure why, I guess I just stopped feeling inspired, but DTR’s work has made me want to take it up again.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
****, you're pretty ******* great at detail. I like the (censored) Metaphysical self-portrait :D

But, I feel gypped. I thought you were going to draw rings.:p
Thanks, I really like your stuff also. Um…rings? :s I don’t get it.

Arcane said:
wow.. I love your work.amazing..do you have a DA?
Thanks :D No I don’t have a DA page, I guess I just never felt good enough to be on there. I’ve always felt that my art lacks a certain degree of professionalism, and there are some really serious artists there.

lonelyfairy said:
Very cool!
Thank you :shy:

meekthoughts said:
Again, incredible detail. :) The metaphysical self is particularly attention-drawing and every time I look at it, I notice something different.

Thanks :D I started going into more detail in my drawings after seeing the work of one Cody Seekins. His stuff is truly mind-blowing.

shells said:
If I ever get a tattoo -- would you be willing to design one for me? :D

Did you have any designs in mind? I'd consider it as long as it's not a portrait, I suck at drawing people.

RyanEhf said:
Thanks :D No I don’t have a DA page, I guess I just never felt good enough to be on there. I’ve always felt that my art lacks a certain degree of professionalism, and there are some really serious artists there.

Honestly having spent a lot of time there your stuff is 100% better than a great deal there. The "Sid & Doris Bonkers" types as my darling ex delightfully called them :p I think you draw fantastically. The detail is amazing.

annik said:
RyanEhf said:

Honestly having spent a lot of time there your stuff is 100% better than a great deal there. The "Sid & Doris Bonkers" types as my darling ex delightfully called them :p I think you draw fantastically. The detail is amazing.

Latest posts

Back