Is this Jealousy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr p

Reaction score
Hi!
So I'm feeling a bit of emotions at the moment; new feelings I've never felt before, and would like some help in analyzing them.

Background:
I've been together with a girl for 1.5 years, we were each other's first real love and my first relationship at 23 years of age. She broke up with me a month ago, which broke both our hearts. I've met her a couple of times by accident since then and it seems we both have some feelings left. I think I'm still a bit in love with her.

Current issue:
She might have a crush on a friend of hers, she told me it might be out of loneliness since we broke up and he's been there for her. She also told me he thinks he loves her, but she doesn't love him.
Anyway. I can't stand the thought of them being intimate together. I haven't met him, but the idea makes me sick. I keep thinking they must've been doing things (is this a logical conclusion?), and I'm not quite sure what these feelings are. A little bit of rage, but also disgust, I think. Should I ask her if she's slept with him?
What is this, and how do I handle it? :(

Sounds like jealousy to me.
Do NOT ask her if she's slept with them, you broke up, it's none of your business and it will just piss her off. You handle it by getting over it. If you want her back, all you can do is talk to her, other than that, let her go.

Yes you're right of course, I don't think I'd even want to know...

mr p said:
Hi!
So I'm feeling a bit of emotions at the moment; new feelings I've never felt before, and would like some help in analyzing them.

Background:
I've been together with a girl for 1.5 years, we were each other's first real love and my first relationship at 23 years of age. She broke up with me a month ago, which broke both our hearts. I've met her a couple of times by accident since then and it seems we both have some feelings left. I think I'm still a bit in love with her.

Current issue:
She might have a crush on a friend of hers, she told me it might be out of loneliness since we broke up and he's been there for her. She also told me he thinks he loves her, but she doesn't love him.
Anyway. I can't stand the thought of them being intimate together. I haven't met him, but the idea makes me sick. I keep thinking they must've been doing things (is this a logical conclusion?), and I'm not quite sure what these feelings are. A little bit of rage, but also disgust, I think. Should I ask her if she's slept with him?
What is this, and how do I handle it? :(

yup my friend ur jealous coz u still didnt forget what u guys had , but the problem is u gys r still talking and at same time ur not together , why dont u talk things out with her and see if u can get back together if you both seem still in love with eachother ?! she is slipping away from ur hands if she starts to have crushes on other ppl , either that or you guys should stop talking and move on with ur lives ;)

I will copy a post I made in a similar thread.

She's probably just playing you. Its girl game 101 to check back and touch base every once in a while to make sure she still has you hooked. Not only does it boost her confidence with other guys, but it gives her something to fall back on if she ends up not finding anything she wants. Kill your feelings for her and cut her out.

I feel like this is always decent advice because even if that isn't what she is trying to do, it is what is happening. It's just generally a good idea not to get back with an ex, and this is just the reasoning I use to avoid that situation from happening. (unless you are LC @.@)

Latest posts

Back