to text or not to text that is the question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
I've only had a mobile for 2 years. And it's only this year when I actually have used the bloody thing. I have 5 people on my contact list. 4 women and my brother.

I think it's a good way of keeping in touch but I often find myself thinking about texts and texting, maybe too much. I'm forever wondering when to send one, what to write. And when I do, I am on edge whether I get a reply or not. And sometimes if I don't get a reply in a few hours then I think they are not bothered with me anymore. And most of the time this is not the case because in the end they send one. (And it's not like I'm in love with any of these women, they are just friends !)

I'm off and on facebook all the time as well.

Guess I am just lonely :)

Lots of folks have to wait an eternity for a reply. I understand that when you don't receive a reply in a fair amount of time, you tend to think that they aren't replying due to some problem they have with you. Some won't ever reply. It's just the way it is. Be patient, you'll do fine.:)

Imo, you're overthinking it. Use it as a medium of communication between phone calls and emails - faster than email but slower than voice communication, and that's pretty it.

IgnoredOne said:
Imo, you're overthinking it. Use it as a medium of communication between phone calls and emails - faster than email but slower than voice communication, and that's pretty it.

I do overthink, hopefully I will stop soon and just get on with things.

The think the answer is 'no - if it gets to a point when you are the one sending the texts all the time then they aren't bothered and you are wasting your time.

Latest posts

Back