Quoting A Member's Name & What He/She Wrote

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hi!

I have another question about something everyone seems to know how to do, but me.

How do you copy into my post a Quote from another Member's Post?

For example:

JohnSmith Wrote: (in bold in a "box") and then what he said:

I am having a nice day.

(Taken from John Smith's Post)

And then responding or commenting on that specific Quote??????????

Thanks for anyone that helps me with this. After being on ALL since January of this year, I am still learning!

Have a great day! :)

Use the 'REPLY' button on the bottom right of the post you wish to quote.

mintymint said:

If this worked, then I am a fast learner!

Now, what if you only want to post a few sentences of a person's post and then comment, and then post more of the person's comment and then comment, and then part of another person's post to comment on?

I know I am a pain in the butt! :(

mintymint said:

By the way, how rude of me...thank you Mintymint!!!

WishingWell said:
Now, what if you only want to post a few sentences of a person's post and then comment, and then post more of the person's comment and then comment, and then part of another person's post to comment on?

Then you'll have to learn to edit the contents of the quote within the quote brackets. Either using the original quote over and over and editing it down each time like this:

WishingWell said:
Now, what if you only want to post a few sentences of a person's post and then comment,

WishingWell said:
and then post more of the person's comment and then comment,

WishingWell said:
and then part of another person's post to comment on?

Or you could use the original quote once and insert your own quote brackets in the desired places like this, although it won't retain the user's name and time stamp for each additional quote.

WishingWell said:
Now, what if you only want to post a few sentences of a person's post and then comment,

and then post more of the person's comment and then comment,

and then part of another person's post to comment on?

It just takes a little observation to learn the formatting. If you wish to quote others posts, I suggest having them open in a different tab or window, and clicking reply, then copying that text into your current post. Like i did here:

WishingWell said:
Hi!

I have another question about something everyone seems to know how to do, but me.

How do you copy into my post a Quote from another Member's Post?

For example:

JohnSmith Wrote: (in bold in a "box") and then what he said:

I am having a nice day.

(Taken from John Smith's Post)

And then responding or commenting on that specific Quote??????????

Thanks for anyone that helps me with this. After being on ALL since January of this year, I am still learning!

Have a great day! :)

A question. How can I post pics, videos etc in these messages, I usually use copy and paste but it doesn't seem to work here. What am I doing wrong?

BJD, Thanks for your input and help. I will try it soon and if I have a problem, guess who I'm going to hope will help me out? YES, YOU!!! :)

In a lonely place said:
A question. How can I post pics, videos etc in these messages, I usually use copy and paste but it doesn't seem to work here. What am I doing wrong?

If you click on "A Lonely Life Forums", and go to the section about Technical Support, you will find at least one Thread (I posted the same question in a thread on there) that will explain how to do it. If you don't find it, or you do find it and don't understand it from there, my advice would be to make a Thread asking someone to help you learn to do it. Here, your question may go unnoticed.

I would try to explain it, but I have the instructions in one of my documents about it, and I added more notes to it. I guess I don't catch on to things easily! LOL! It'll be better for you to look it up there or get new instructions from a new Thread. I doubt if I tried to explain it you would ever get it! I guess I don't teach things well either! LOL! Hey! At least I can laugh at myself!

Good luck! And have a good evening--or day, whichever it is when you read this! :)

You are quite welcome In A Lonely Place...I have been on the Forum since 1/11, and I am still learning A LOT. And, even though it is your User Name, you aren't In A Lonely Place HERE! :)

WishingWell, when you hit the "reply" button, check out the code that it puts in place for you where you type your message.

Use and edit that to create multiple instances of a quote in one post.

A lot of the time, I click on the reply button, and then open the topic again in a new tab.

If I want to quote many people in one post, I just find what I want in the 2nd tab, copy and paste the text into my post, put the "quote" code before and after it.

Remember to close your quotes before starting a new one (ie. [ /quote ] --> [ quote=>name< ]new quote[ /quote ] ).

If you start a new quote inside a quote you haven't closed, you will get a quote in a quote ;D.

I hope this helps! Just use your common sense and you'll work it out :)

Latest posts

Back