Hi.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbaloot

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm 26 and have been living in Norway for a little over a year.

Although I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband, I suffer from severe social anxiety. He is often busy at work, so I am just alone most of the time. And I get incredibly lonely. I've always struggled to make friends, out of the few I do have, I maybe hear from them once a month on a good month. I haven't even spoken to another human being in real life apart from my husband in well over a month. I'd like to think that a person needs more than one person to talk to in life, but because of my SA and living in a new country, that's not so easily achievable.

So, I hope this site will at least ease some of the loneliness that comes with being a stay at home wife with SA. :)

Hi barbaloot, you mind me asking what parts of Norway you're from? Be welcomed :)

Polar said:
Hi barbaloot, you mind me asking what parts of Norway you're from? Be welcomed :)

I live far outside Tromsø up in the far north. I'm not actually from Norway though, I just moved here in 2010.

And thank you everyone for your kind welcomes. :)

Heya barbaloot :)

welcome to the forum and yes you came to the right place. If ever you need someone to talk to or just feel the need for some sense of social interaction, you are most welcome to join the chats :)

Barbaloot said:
Polar said:

I live far outside Tromsø up in the far north. I'm not actually from Norway though, I just moved here in 2010.

And thank you everyone for your kind welcomes. :)

I see :) the reason I asked is because I know this girl who moved to Norway last year as well, to get married as well (I presume you went to Norway for your husband if I read somewhat between the lines), who's having some loneliness issues as well because of the difficulty of making friends in a foreign country and who is about your age. The resemblance seemed striking when I read your post, I thought perhaps you two might have been residing in the same region. I could've perhaps introduced you to one another or smth. But she's from Bergen so.. that's still.. quite some distance.

Välkommen till ALL!

I like the far north, I've never been in Norway but I've been to Kiruna in Sweden :) I'm sorry to hear you're battling loneliness though, but you've come to the right place for some allies ;) Enjoy your stay!

Polar said:
I see :) the reason I asked is because I know this girl who moved to Norway last year as well, to get married as well (I presume you went to Norway for your husband if I read somewhat between the lines), who's having some loneliness issues as well because of the difficulty of making friends in a foreign country and who is about your age. The resemblance seemed striking when I read your post, I thought perhaps you two might have been residing in the same region. I could've perhaps introduced you to one another or smth. But she's from Bergen so.. that's still.. quite some distance.

I'm always up for meeting new people... online. You can PM me if she is interested in being introduced to me. :)

Who are you? What is your purpose here? Will you be my friend? I like you already.

Well???

Barbaloot said:
Hi there.
I'm 26 and have been living in Norway for a little over a year.

Although I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband, I suffer from severe social anxiety. He is often busy at work, so I am just alone most of the time. And I get incredibly lonely. I've always struggled to make friends, out of the few I do have, I maybe hear from them once a month on a good month. I haven't even spoken to another human being in real life apart from my husband in well over a month. I'd like to think that a person needs more than one person to talk to in life, but because of my SA and living in a new country, that's not so easily achievable.

So, I hope this site will at least ease some of the loneliness that comes with being a stay at home wife with SA. :)

Howdy! Welcome! chinny chinny up!
Hugs and kisses for you!!(:)

Callie said:
Who are you? What is your purpose here? Will you be my friend? I like you already.

Well???

Why yes.. I think I will! And I think I will be great friends with Liley too! I'm not sure about that minty character though.. he reminds me so much of my former mother.

I mean, I have only been here for a little over a month now, so I might as well. :D

Hi Barb, ((Hugs))

Love, Anna Mouse

fc7.jpg

Welcome, Barbaloot. May you triumph in overcoming your anxiety and loneliness at home.
Do you have a pet? You might consider one, if it would appropriately suit your setting and convenience, of course. Whether it be a dog, cat, bird, or rat, they are great company and will always be there for you with unyielding ardour. Well met.

Latest posts

Back