I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually use to be pretty decent at chess a hundred years ago and think I could kick your ass. Just do me a favor and remind me how to play.

JasonM said:
I actually use to be pretty decent at chess a hundred years ago and think I could kick your ass. Just do me a favor and remind me how to play.
Them's fighting words! lol

You have to attack and trap my king.

I'll let D'angelo Barksdale show you.

[YOUTUBE]y0mxz2-AQ64[/YOUTUBE]

Jason Manley. Is this you?

LoneKiller said:
JasonM said:

Wait, that's stupid! If I am recalling this correctly when my potato chip gets to your side, you are suppose to crown my potato chip with an extra potato chip (specifically a sour cream and onion one) at which point I can drop nukes on your Bishop of Sandwich and pickle your queen.

...ahhh...I am going to slowly back out of the room now.

JasonM said:
LoneKiller said:
JasonM said:

Wait, that's stupid! If I am recalling this correctly when my potato chip gets to your side, you are suppose to crown my potato chip with an extra potato chip (specifically a sour cream and onion one) at which point I can drop nukes on your Bishop of Sandwich and pickle your queen.

...ahhh...I am going to slowly back out of the room now.
Sounds like you already have a strong grasp on the fundamentals. You don't need me.:D

Holy honeysuckle- an hour after I last posted in this thread as my previous forum persona I broke my heel.

I still think this is the greatest chess thread ever!

What's for lunch? Why am I craving potato chips, I don't even like them?

I learn't chess from my Grandad, I never beat him once before he died except once at suicide chess. But you taught me Grandad, I'll always have that. Thank you.

I like playing Chess, but I haven't played it enough, really, to be any good. :(

I discovered this thread today, read ten pages to find no chess. Heavy sigh. Put me out of my misery, is there a chess thread? Yes I want one. Not sure if we would talk or play?

I like playing chess, but I'd rather use an app than a thread.

But we'd have to pair off and the rest of the group would be audience.  Not very hospitable. Chess.com, I guess.

But maybe we could talk about chess? I'm infatuated with chess but I play lousy anyway. A few years ago I had a concussion and lost chess entirely. At that point, I regretted never having learned. Then one day I saw a chess puzzle and knew the answer. The whole game was back in my head. So I rejoice even to play lousy.

I play chess. im ok.

I realized that the best outcome in a chess game is a draw if both players are playing to the best of their ability. draws are rare.

Latest posts

Back