I like him, alot.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toshy.

Reaction score
so, I like this guy but i'm unsure if he likes me back. He always talks too me when we have classes together or around school he'd say something to me. He teases me in a joking way but i'm not sure if he's just being "a friend" I really like him and theres a school ball coming up.. I'm not sure if I should take a crazy chance ask him to go with me? or ask him if he wants to go somewhere on the weekend? To get too know him better first. Although I fear rejection :( What should I do?

Fear of rejection sucks don't it. Lot's of similar thread in this place so I'm not going to elaborate too much. I'll just ask you one thing,

When you look at the past, what do you regret the most? Some of things you did. Or some of the things you wanted to do, but didn't.

Going somewhere over the weekend sounds lovely.

You'll never know if you don't try.

It's not like you have to ask him on a date if you are so nervous, just ask him if he'd like to go somewhere on the weekend. See how that goes. Maybe find out if he has a date to the school ball yet, then casually mention if he'd like to go with you. Something like, "so do you have a date to the ball?", He says "no", you say "I don't either, how about we go together?"

Polar said:
Fear of rejection sucks don't it. Lot's of similar thread in this place so I'm not going to elaborate too much. I'll just ask you one thing,

When you look at the past, what do you regret the most? Some of things you did. Or some of the things you wanted to do, but didn't.

Going somewhere over the weekend sounds lovely.

Ah, thanks that's helpful :)
I guess I regret the things I havent done. I might just take a crazy chance then :D

Yes, when an opportunity arises, take it.

If he talks to you and likes smiling and laughing around you, probably a good sign.

in 20 years, you'll be regretting the things that you DIDN'T do and not the things that you DID do.

i say go for it!

toshy. said:
so, I like this guy but i'm unsure if he likes me back. He always talks too me when we have classes together or around school he'd say something to me. He teases me in a joking way but i'm not sure if he's just being "a friend" I really like him and theres a school ball coming up.. I'm not sure if I should take a crazy chance ask him to go with me? or ask him if he wants to go somewhere on the weekend? To get too know him better first. Although I fear rejection :( What should I do?

O well gee wiz, you fear rejection?! You poor baby!

Give me a fvcking break. life is full of rejection. in fact, look at any of the great successes in business, sports, or entertainment and there's a good chance that that person failed miserably before going on to any success. And that's important stuff. Here you are worried about whether some ****** bag likes you or not. I honestly hope you do get rejected. You'll learn more from it and be a better person in the long run. But fresia if you should listen to me

hey^ dont be so fucken rude to the ppl here,it seem that u never got rejected ot r just to dumb enoth to understand the mental part that plays in ppl like us life here

and it not easy for us to just go upthere,we r here cuz we r loney and most of us got some mental prob
so dont come here with your hope to fail crap here...

and yes,try to talk about the ball with him it,and slowly move up to the the main point,ask him if he have one,we will think its just a normal convo,if he have :( sorry :(

good luck :D

Syber Tiger said:
hey^ dont be so fucken rude to the ppl here,it seem that u never got rejected ot r just to dumb enoth to understand the mental part that plays in ppl like us life here

and it not easy for us to just go upthere,we r here cuz we r loney and most of us got some mental prob
so dont come here with your hope to fail crap here...

and yes,try to talk about the ball with him it,and slowly move up to the the main point,ask him if he have one,we will think its just a normal convo,if he have :( sorry :(

good luck :D

I've never been rejected?!?!? Are you ******* kidding me? I've been rejected my whole **** life and it's made me a tougher better person. REjection is the key to success in this life. "If you've never failed, than you've never lived"

Whocares does make a point. Although I'd say it depends on the situation and how you take it.

freedom said:
in 20 years, you'll be regretting the things that you DIDN'T do and not the things that you DID do.

i say go for it!

This! Personally, I have used this as a huge motivator.

Okay boys, play nice with each other now.

Yes life is full of rejection, yes you can learn from it. Will it get you down to be rejected by someone you like? Yes of course it will. Will you let it get you down and beat you up? That is up to you.

Personally I hope you don't get rejected, just be cautious and prepare yourself though. He might just like you as a friend, and is that so bad in the long run?

toshy. said:

Well, I'm a guy and right now I've not asked out about 12 girls and I regret every single one.

So yes, gather courage and ask him. If he lets you down that will suck, but not as much as never knowing what he would have said.

If he's teasing you a bit and joking around that's a good sign :)

If you want to test the waters, try holding eye contact with him more intensely than usual and seeing if he responds well (a smile, etc.). We like stuff like that :p

Good luck!

whocares said:
O well gee wiz, you fear rejection?! You poor baby!

Give me a fvcking break. life is full of rejection. in fact, look at any of the great successes in business, sports, or entertainment and there's a good chance that that person failed miserably before going on to any success. And that's important stuff. Here you are worried about whether some ****** bag likes you or not. I honestly hope you do get rejected. You'll learn more from it and be a better person in the long run. But fresia if you should listen to me

Given this thread is posted under the subject of "Issues/Relationships", what sort of problems were you expecting to find? Certainly none related to any subject you mentioned above.

How lovely of you to push your misery off on perfectly random strangers. Show some restraint. Or consider an attitude adjustment.

Latest posts

Back