What are the traits that make a good or a bad person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
A good person is honest, self less, ego less, content, just, thrifty, brave, fair, straightforward, caring, gives, gives for selfless reasons, rewards, problem solver, guiltless, teaches, responsible, kind, good judgment, purposeful, constructive, reasonable, inspiring, Blames self for problems, gives credit where due,

A bad person is dishonest, self involved, ego driven, angry, vengeful, wasteful, cowardly, unfair, manipulative, cruel, takes, gives for selfish reasons, threatens, chronically complains, guilty, blames, points fingers, hateful, divisive, bad judgment, purposeless, destructive, unreasonable, turn things to crap, Blames others for problems, discredits others, takes credit from others,

What am I missing?

One thing I'm trying not to be is judgemental. I know it's unavoidable to certain extents, but I really want to minimize that about myself as much as I can.

I dunno- but most folks put on a mask, and smile in your face and stab your back.. I am sooo naive and I take ppl as they present themselves..... and then see the true of who they really are.. so when folks are good, kind, gentle, sweet, butter melt in your mouth type.... watch out, they are devils in disguise !

Nolife Princess said:
I dunno- but most folks put on a mask, and smile in your face and stab your back.. I am sooo naive and I take ppl as they present themselves..... and then see the true of who they really are.. so when folks are good, kind, gentle, sweet, butter melt in your mouth type.... watch out, they are devils in disguise !

What makes you think that someone who is nice is always nice? Why do so many people who have problems think that good people are never bad and bad people are never good?

Don't you think that there is more to judging people then just how they make you feel? Why do you assume that the side people show you, is their true side?

I actually grew up with someone that was nice to strangers and a monster to anyone who knew them. It is strange to watch someone who should care about you bend over and kiss a strangers feet, but not give their own family the time of day.

Skorian said:
What am I missing?

I'm not a bad person trying to become good.
I'm a sick person trying to get well...

I'm not my thought, beliefs, feelings or behaviors.
I have thoughts feelings and behaviors.

Sometimes I react to my negative thoughts and emotions.
I'll make poor unhealthy decisions that have have consiquences

Am I a BAD person for doing this?
NO...I make decisions that's not healthy for me.
Hopefully my brain gets it..Or I learn from making mistakes or poor decisions.

I can be a very nice person....I have these traits or behaviors. When I want to draw or
get closer to certain people I chose to be involved with or allow into my life.

I can also be your worst matha fucken karma....when i chose to excert these traits and behaviors.
Maybe it's just my defencsive mechanism or what the experts call...BOUNDARIES.
I have my reason of being a prick to certain people...becuase I wish not to have them in my life?
Of course i come off as being an aerogant ass-hole to those people. Fucken dugh!!!!

I guess I'm a pretty will rounded person...the positive and negative. ALL of me.
It's using all of my attributes to work for me...instead of against me.

Anyone who gets in my way is a bad person. This simplifies life dramatically.

IgnoredOne said:
Anyone who gets in my way is a bad person. This simplifies life dramatically.

assuming that you're a decent person. Good to whom
and for what purpose ?

I dont assume anything....

Thats like saying anyone that gets in a thugs/criminal/******* way
is a bad person.

it's all relative. What's good for you may be bad for me and what's bad for me might be good for you.

Lost Drifter said:
Skorian said:
A good person is...

A bad person is...

What am I missing?

That nothing is so black and white.
What is not so black and white? No one is pure good or pure bad.

However, people who have alot of bad traits are a danger to the existence of humanity. The more bad traits, the worse they are. A society of really bad people has the potential to end life on the earth. For no reason at all. Which can basically make human beings no better then a virus. Evil at it's very heart is self destructive.

Skorian said:
What is not so black and white? No one is pure good or pure bad.

However, people who have alot of bad traits are a danger to the existence of humanity. The more bad traits, the worse they are. A society of really bad people has the potential to end life on the earth. For no reason at all. Which can basically make human beings no better then a virus. Evil at it's very heart is self destructive.

That’s my point. You were listing characteristics which, according to you, make people good or bad. My point was that it isn’t so clear cut, like you just said, no one is purely good or bad and at the end of the day it all depends on your own definitions of those traits. What is a good trait for you could well be bad for me and visa versa. In these cases we have to abandon our own personal views and go with the common vote. It may not necessarily be right but our society would struggle without it.

War in essence is self-destructive but depending on which side you support can either be considered good or evil. Likewise some of the most essential advancements in both medical science and technology have come from warfare. Is war bad? Yes in one sense, is war good? Yes in another.

Bottom line: its all relative.

Latest posts

Back