My Relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
This may upset some of you, but, j- most of my relationsips are online. i do have friends irl (in real life) but i dont like to be around people much because i feel awkward and sometimes cant communicate well. i feel like i have a disability or something. It distresses me. im not a loner because i yearn to be around my family and go downstairs (unless im upset) and it confuses me. It may be because im more comfortable around them..? im not sure but i feel so odd.

I'm going to be completely honest Rayri. Sometimes in life you have to "Bite The Bullet", and step up. If you ever want to overcome being awkward around others, you have to take chances and reach out. It's the type of thing that will get easier for you as life rolls on. Surely what you are going through now is much worse than summoning the courage to approach others.

LoneKiller said:
I'm going to be completely honest Rayri. Sometimes in life you have to "Bite The Bullet", and step up. If you ever want to overcome being awkward around others, you have to take chances and reach out. It's the type of thing that will get easier for you as life rolls on. Surely what you are going through now is much worse than summoning the courage to approach others.

This ^

The problem with doing too much of the same thing is that you start depending on it and loose out on learning anything different. On line friends are perfectly fine but if they come at the expense of making real life friends (I hate that term but what else, flesh friends?) or participating in normal communication with relatives then it could be going a little too far. Do you spend too much time upstairs on the computer?

Take a few small steps by spending an hour or so in the same room as your family each night, you don’t have to engage in epic debates, but just get used to being around them little by little and build it up from there. The essence is creating a solid balance, it will come in time so don’t rush or give up too soon.

Yesi spend way toomuch time on the computer. In total, ionly spend about 30 minutes oran hour of each day dwnstairs. i hate them. im not a big fan of the people i live with. (Besides my big brother ! ^-^) that would be hard. They might bring up concepts tht im uncomfortable with. Such as reiion. Theyre total Jesus freaks. i cant stand it. y computer is my life.

Rayri said:
Yesi spend way toomuch time on the computer. In total, ionly spend about 30 minutes oran hour of each day dwnstairs. i hate them. im not a big fan of the people i live with. (Besides my big brother ! ^-^) that would be hard. They might bring up concepts tht im uncomfortable with. Such as reiion. Theyre total Jesus freaks. i cant stand it. y computer is my life.

Then you need to toughen up because all through life you are going to face situations or scenarios that you are uncomfortable with, especially if you hide away in your own little bubble all the time. I’m not trying to sound mean but if you want more than just a computer in your life then you’re going to have to take the plunge, just be thankful its your family, some of us live alone so if we have the plunge then its often with a group of total strangers who aren’t obligated to treat us kindly.

Small steps, such as an hour to an hour and thirty each day, just be in the same room with them until you start feeling more comfortable. Chances are the more time you spend around them (and other people) the less uncomfortable it will become.

LoneKiller said:

My thoughts exactly.

HEY!!! Same here dude... have many friends... went to socialize... then realise most of them are plain useless things of socializing as they talk too much about the past... worse, more complains about the govt sucking the blood out of them...

Latest posts

Back