Running out of mental energy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
I had wanted to make a really long and deep post on another topic but I cant seem to be bothered. I used to spend hours and hours on chat rooms and forums. Now I cant get the energy.

I have found this post exhausting.

I am told it is anxiety disorder and have been given some meds, but I cant be bothered to take them.

Mind and body devoid of life. I'm a ******* corpse here.

Anyone else get like this? If so what was the cure? Vodka? Weed? Napalm Death?

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. Lots of people go through this. I once didn't play my video games for over 2 weeks. Didn't go to class or the chess club.

I understand that medication isn't a "Cure-All", but if it helps, take the Goddamn pills, and work with them. Being inactive for long periods of time
can turn into a habit, and this habit can turn into depression and can lead to over thinking which can tire you out a lot.

Using alcohol or drugs to alleviate your pain, will lead you into a dire situation of an unimaginable magnitude. Get a routine in your life. When you wake up, eat breakfast. At noon eat lunch. In the late afternoon eat supper.

Eat lots of fruit, and maybe drink some coffee in the morning. Start exercising regularly. Create things in your life that will give you something to look forward to. Try doing something constructive every day. That way you can say that at least you accomplished something that day.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but you only get out of life what you put into it. Nobody is going to take you by the hand and assist you in gaining the motivation to get your ass out of your chair and be active.

Keep your chin up, and be very aggressive in healing yourself, and you will succeed.

LoneKiller said:
I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. Lots of people go through this. I once didn't play my video games for over 2 weeks. Didn't go to class or the chess club.

I understand that medication isn't a "Cure-All", but if it helps, take the Goddamn pills, and work with them. Being inactive for long periods of time
can turn into a habit, and this habit can turn into depression and can lead to over thinking which can tire you out a lot.

Using alcohol or drugs to alleviate your pain, will lead you into a dire situation of an unimaginable magnitude. Get a routine in your life. When you wake up, eat breakfast. At noon eat lunch. In the late afternoon eat supper.

Eat lots of fruit, and maybe drink some coffee in the morning. Start exercising regularly. Create things in your life that will give you something to look forward to. Try doing something constructive every day. That way you can say that at least you accomplished something that day.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but you only get out of life what you put into it. Nobody is going to take you by the hand and assist you in gaining the motivation to get your ass out of your chair and be active.

Keep your chin up, and be very aggressive in healing yourself, and you will succeed.

I go to the gym for nearly 3 hrs 4 times a week. Exercise I can do. Everything else I can not do.

cumulus.james said:
I go to the gym for nearly 3 hrs 4 times a week. Exercise I can do. Everything else I can not do.

Really? Hmm, there goes most of my advice then :s

I find mental tiredness hits hard when you're not getting enough sleep or physical exercise. It's easy to run up a huge mental sleep debt because your body doesn't feel like sleeping when it should.

I myself have days right now where I just feel like a freaking zombie. It's mostly because I don't feel tired when I should be curled up in bed, so I keep staying up far too late, usually doing mentally tiring tasks.

Are you actually feeling tired after your time at the gym? Because 3 hours 4 times a week sounds like a lot, but perhaps you're not actually tiring yourself out enough or something? Or it's the wrong type of exercise? I don't know.

Start your day with something that gets your heart pumping a bit, take a cold shower or something to wake up a bit more and then focus on a goal you can mentally achieve without tiring yourself too much. That might help.

Drugs are not a good way to go, you'll just end up deepening any problems you have right now. Screwing around with your brain chemistry will not help feeling mentally-less-than-peaked in the long run.

Defaut answer is sleep. Until you are running 8 hours of sleep a sleep, first try to get that. I often get by with a LOT less sleep, and even have techniques to do so, but whenever I feel like I need to perform better, sleeping more is one of the best options.

If you think anxiety is an issue, meditation may help.

You cannot eat fruit, drink coffee or do any work?

cumulus.james said:
I had wanted to make a really long and deep post on another topic but I cant seem to be bothered. I used to spend hours and hours on chat rooms and forums. Now I cant get the energy.

I have found this post exhausting.

I am told it is anxiety disorder and have been given some meds, but I cant be bothered to take them.

Mind and body devoid of life. I'm a ******* corpse here.

Anyone else get like this? If so what was the cure? Vodka? Weed? Napalm Death?

I can totally relate to where you are James. I'm in the same place. I'd been giving this very matter thought when I saw your post. For me it's boredom, loneliness, depression, and anxiety that have drained me of all my drive, interests, and zest for life.

One of the major signs of depression is loss of interest in those things that you were interested in before. I had a blog going for a while that I was really into, and had over 300 readers per day, until a bunch of hateful trolls ganged up on me in the comments to my own blog, and made it so nasty I just gave up on it.

Add to this that I've been trying to find work for months with no success at all and have had to just sit here listening to my hair grow with no one to talk to or do things with and you get the picture. The jobs I've had here were horrible and didn't last long at all. One of them required me to do credit card fraud, so I quit, another one would use illegal labor practices, when work was slack they would tell me "punch out and go sit over there till we need you again." That kind of thing.

So I've been marooned here, alone, bored, and depressed as hell, and nothing I used to care about interests me at all anymore, and I'm losing my appetite too. Life really sucks these days, and I feel for ya James, I know what you are going through.

Latest posts

Back