Culture lovers near New York?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

flaneur

Male, 22. I am quite lonely due to my shyness, and the few people I do know have very little in common with me. When people try to approach me, I get very awkward, and my shyness is often misconstrued as snobbery. Once I come out of my shell, however, I am one of the most interesting and sociable people you will ever meet. I would love to meet people who share similar interests.

Stuff I like:
-Literature
-Film (usually indies and foreign films, especially French ones)
-French language/culture (still learning the language)
-Music/concerts (usually older indie stuff, but I can get into anything)
-Museums and cafes
-Pop science, philosophy, art

If you're interested in even one of these things, feel free to comment or PM.

I like and enjoy a lot of those things. I'm also pretty shy too. Unfortunately there is a large body of water between myself and New York.

ny is a gr8 place 2 live 4 those types of interests
:)
n 4 pizza

Hi!

I've been looking for someone with the same kinds of interests myself recently. And, like you, I'm very shy until I get to know someone. Unfortunately, I live in South Jersey...

But I can always use a pen pal!

annik said:
I like and enjoy a lot of those things. I'm also pretty shy too. Unfortunately there is a large body of water between myself and New York.

Darn. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat, though.

Chasm said:
ny is a gr8 place 2 live 4 those types of interests
:)
n 4 pizza

Haha! Indeed it is!

bookworm1979 said:
Hi!

I've been looking for someone with the same kinds of interests myself recently. And, like you, I'm very shy until I get to know someone. Unfortunately, I live in South Jersey...

But I can always use a pen pal!

I've never had a penpal, and I don't think I'd be any good it! You're free to PM me, though. (Sigh, I feel so dependent on technology!)

Latest posts

Back