Reasons why you are picked on.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
Not sure if I should write this using first person. Some may think it relates to myself, others may find it is comming right at them. I guess I will leave it as is though. I can look at perspectives many can't handle.

You may be smart. Sometimes people who are not feel threatened and will pick on you.

You may have a physical deformity. So because you look different and they are twits they will pick on you.

Sometimes people try to talk to you and you give them no response. So they try to get you to speak and when that doesn't work they try harder. You say more when picked on so they start being mean to simply get you to communicate. Maybe they think somehow you will tell them why you are so quiet or they like you and want to hear what you have to say. Only they don't understand that their harsh words hurt you much more then most people.

The person being mean to you may be beaten at home and treated like dirt so they go out into the world looking for someone they can pick on that won't fight back.

You may scare others. You may say and do things that people find disturbing. They will push you to test out how you behave and depending on the outcome will push even more because they have people they care about and start to feel you are a threat to that. The weirder you get the more cruel they will be. They may care, but not see a better way. They find you threatening and don't know what to do with you. To you the things you say may seem fine. You may have no real understanding as to why people react the way that they do. If you want to understand it can be a matter of degree's. Try looking at things said by those who like lighting peoples property on fire and talk about it as if it is nothing. You may not look that much different to others as the pyro or psychopath.

You may want the world to understand you, but you may find the real answer is to better understand others, then to expect them to understand you. If you want the world to change, you have to start with yourself. Don't expect anyone to do what you will not.

Everyone wants to believe that the rest of the world is the same as themselves. It simply isn't true. So if you want to understand others, you must walk in their shoes.

(Darn it, I seem to have some desire to rhyme.... geeze.)

What are some other reasons people may pick on you? Not asking for reasons you may want to believe, but what were their reasons?

Well, I have not really been truely picked on since grade 7, but I was always the not so good looking kid, and I have always been a little bit overweight, which in turn has made me really self concious and sensitive to any types of those comments about my weight and was bullied a bit through middle school but I did en up getting through it. Around grade 10 I started working out (I am still larger) but I look like a semi big guy...so usually no one screws with me anymore.

I can sometimes be mean to people, but then afterwards I realise what a ******/idiot I have been and I feel like that has stemmed from the anger/sadness I have carried all my life. I do my best to catch myself and turn any situation around that I screwed up. I always try my best to be the nicest person towards people but sometimes I just inadvertently screw stuff up (which in turn makes me feel even worse and more like a screw-up).

The only time I've been picked on was in Middle School, but I think that is because I was overweight. Now that I'm in a good physical shape, not at all.

Skorian said:
You may have a physical deformity. So because you look different and they are twits they will pick on you.

This summarizes everything else. Bullies pick on people who are 'different' or 'weaker' because they are twits. Do not blame victims. Notably bullies don't take on people who could fight back - its a simply measure of gain of ego(or worse) through force, so they don't push when the risk factor becomes too high.

I get picked on because I look too much like Justin Bieber, true story.

IgnoredOne said:
Skorian said:

This summarizes everything else. Bullies pick on people who are 'different' or 'weaker' because they are twits. Do not blame victims. Notably bullies don't take on people who could fight back - its a simply measure of gain of ego(or worse) through force, so they don't push when the risk factor becomes too high.

Way too oversimplified. I have noted on many occasions that you are very quick to judge. You seem totally set in not really wanting to hear what others have to say. Simply won't believe anyone could behave in ways such as above with any intent but cruelty. What do you stand to lose by ripping those blinders off? Why don't you try to walk in more peoples shoes then just those you want to like? Even if you don't think so, there is great deal to be gained.

And yes, people will want nothing to do with you if you are dangerous. No one wants to be stabbed by someone who believes people are out to get them when they are only trying to talk, nicely or not.

People can be rough out of concern.... Not saying that some people aren't simply trying to blow a hole in others, but many people are motivated by all sorts of reasons. For some it is out of concern.

I know it is hard to look beyond one's self when in pain, but it is worth it to try.

I am always been shy... So I was very quiet and shy at school. A lot more shy than now. It was so hard to even try to speak anymore, because those bullies already destroyed my self-esteem... Also I am always been ''different'' than other teenagers were. I don't care about drinking alcohol or smoking. I was just interested about other things than they were.

lonelyfairy said:
I am always been shy... So I was very quiet and shy at school. A lot more shy than now. It was so hard to even try to speak anymore, because those bullies already destroyed my self-esteem... Also I am always been ''different'' than other teenagers were. I don't care about drinking alcohol or smoking. I was just interested about other things than they were.

The most powerful thing you can do is ask someone why they are picking on you. In many cases if you can simply start a normal conversation that will be the end of it. You might find out alot of things you didn't know or realize. That may be too hard to do for some, but you might be suprised how things work out.

I used to work with a bunch of women and sometimes men would come around to gawk at them while they worked. This made the ladies uncomfortable. Was a public place. The simplist solution was to just walk up to them and talk. They generally would flee from a simple conversation.

I used to be picked on on the 1st year of HS, just becose I was introverted and in general I had diferent opinions from the rest of the kids. Which was natural in a way, they had been together all school and in some cases kindergarden (is one of those private schoools who had everything).

Also I was a bit bummed about my parents divoced. It was a shitty year, this kids were made of pure evil, at least inside that school, at all times you had to be alert, it was like you had to prove yourself all the time. I didn't got it at the time, I wasn't like that. The weird thing is that a new kid came 2 months after the clases began and he fit well among the rest, all becose he acted like an ******* just like them. I remember some of the things they used to say, they woild call each other losers, they asked each other to shut up, call each other "vegetable"... those were the popular insults in that particular ecosystem... Now picture that every day of the week, for a year... It was hell, sometimes they were more relaxed, but you had to be alert all the time.

Luckly I left that horrible place, like 2 or 3 did (it was unbearable). But I think I should have left earlier...

I don't think kids pick on a certain individual just becose they are fat or other fisical "flaws", I think it has more to do with the character of the person. If you are diferent to them it t makes them feel insecure. If you can't defend yourself you get stuck in a vicious circle of phisical or psicological bullying.

Is it possible to be picked on as an adult? Ive seen it on series and movies, but I always doubt it could happen in real life.

Felix said:
Is it possible to be picked on as an adult? Ive seen it on series and movies, but I always doubt it could happen in real life.
nvr get picked on either
dnt think its possible 2b picked on as an adult?
only kids "pick on" ppl
could u b "picked on" by kids?
sure
i guess?
buts its pretty much like?
who cares LoL
its just kids
adults can bully tho
this prob is growng
specially in the wrk force
sure

SophiaGrace said:
Arcane said:
I don't know why.....people just don't like me.

I dont like you.
I love you. :p

see always getting picked on :p
you scared me D:
I LOVE YOU , YOU MEANIE

To feel better about themselves, to have something to laugh about with their friends, someone to take their frustration out on.

Yea, I was picked on as a little kid by this one awful *********, I had almost snapped on him once in the Cafeteria but I had held myself back partially because I knew I was better than him and based on the fact that usually in Highschool, the victim is quite often punished just as bad as the bullier. Which really is a shame.

I feel like if someone is being bullied and they snap on the bully (beat the honeysuckle out of him or w.e, really anything) the victim should NOT be at fault. It was the bully that pushed the victim to the edge and therefore should be the one punished.

It still makes me sick of the crap that goes on in highschools.

Latest posts

Back