Juice !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
Since teh night before yesterday, i have been juicing ! i think im making myself like it ! i dont gag anymore when i drink it ! Thank you for all of you that suggested this. i used to hate it. Its like liquid beauty in my cup. =3 Hopefully this new thing will help meh reach meh goals (a pretty, at least decent face and skin, long strong hair, and nice nails.)

As in consuming juice? Congratulations! Its always helpful, though be aware of sugar content.

Actually, dont worry about how much sugar is actually in the fruit. As long as it is decent high quality fruit you will be fine. I feel like there is a natural fear towards high "sugar content", honestly unless your a type 1 diabetic dont go crazy over worrying about sugar content! Dont forget you can juice veggies too if you have the desire too, and switching between fruit and veggies would help reduce your overall amount of sugar content throughout the day!

Also I dont know what kind of diet changes you are making, but a multi vitamin also helps you with general overall health. Although you could possibly get checked for vitamin deficiency for certain things and then you can take specific vitamins, as if you are deficient in certain vitamins, a multi will not have enough of that certain one in it to bring those deficient levels back up.

I personally like to try different things, for example I have recently been reading that the vitamin/mineral Chromium is extremely helpful in insulin resistance and therefore because I am a type 1 diabetic, have decided to start taking a dose of chromium.

I find the real beauty of vitamins is that it is pretty hard to overdose on them, most vitamins it would take you a LOT to even get any awful side effects. Ive heard of certain Vitamins (such as C and D) being dosed in the 100's of thousands of mg and still barely any side effects. That would be given intravenously but still, as you can see ... it really doesnt hurt to try a couple vitamins...as your body needs that too.

If you are not willing to take vitamin products the other natural way to do it is through food! Start looking into healthy foods, raw/whole food diets are very good because they focus on uncooked foods which therefore preserve the vitamin/natural enzyme content of the product.

I believe its something like anything you cook above 112C kills off most if any natural living enzymes and also causes anything else important to our bodies to be destroyed.

EDIT: Also, depending on what kind of food you are currently intaking...if you intend on detoxing, beware your body can react differently, such as skin breakouts (acne, skin rashes etc) as well as other things, so dont lose hope but just remember that the first couple of days (or weeks) may be tough...

Also, if you are looking to improve health, reduce if not eliminate all pop and fruit juice intake (I use a bit of fruit juice for smoothies but thats it). Also dont forget starch is another biggy, if you can help it try to reduce starch intake and increase your protein intake!

Sorreh, late night rant :p cant sleep tonight!

:) Good to hear some positive news. Much success on reaching your goals. You can do it.

IgnoredOne said:
As in consuming juice? Congratulations! Its always helpful, though be aware of sugar content.

There is quite a bit of evidence that natural sugars are a bit different then processed ones. Not that I would recommend over doing it, but there is a huge difference between pop and home made juice.

IgnoredOne said:
fully agree w/this
its not 200 yrs ago
fruit is not grown the same way
it has a much higher > unnatural sugar content
unless ur dealng w/organics
(n evn then its debatable)
yes
watch that sugar content
especially if u have any diabetic/thryroid/other metabolic issues in ur family

i only juiced fruits two times. i like experimenting with vegetables more. So, i wouldnt worry about that. im getting into mixing bell peppers and celery. i tried rape this morning and it was the most bitter honeysuckle ever.

rape? o_O

Have you tried cucumbers? They do a good job of diluting any strong flavors.

[edit- turns out there is a vegetable called rape. It's a yellow looking broccoli]

This isn't really juicing but I really like cucumber/mint water. You just fill a pitcher of water up and put half of a slice cucumber and a few mint leaves in it. You can add some sliced lemon or sliced carrots too if you wanna play with the flavors. Just let it sit in the water for a while. Some people don't like the mint.

Also if you juice some carrots and add pumpkin pie spice (it can be hard to find) then its like pumpkin pie. :) Like 1 pound of carrots and not too much spice.

Brassica napus (rape plant). Deer love them. We grow them in our back yard. They're like collard greens. I've tried fruit water. It was very refreshing.

Hmmm, is the rape plant related to rape seed? Be somewhat careful. Some plants can have a potent affect when concentrated. One example is some plants suppress thyroid hormones. It is a good idea to go for variety.

wish i could learn 2 like the veg juices more
usually stick 2 fruits
when i HAVE dun veg 1s?
horrible xperiences
LoL
drank em neway
but it was more bout xercisng toleration
Lmao
nt 4 my palate

Rape seed grows rape plants. Daddy said taht they have alot of magnesium if you eat them raw but i didnt care. Drank it anyway. Rape, carrots, and a bit of yellow bell pepper. Ugh !

Rayri said:
Rape seed grows rape plants. Daddy said taht they have alot of magnesium if you eat them raw but i didnt care. Drank it anyway. Rape, carrots, and a bit of yellow bell pepper. Ugh !

It has been a while, but I seem to recall reading some negative things about rape seed oil.

i like them. Yellow peppers and celery. My favorite juice is one orange, one lemon slice and one lime slice. It's delicious ! Vitamin C.

Latest posts

Back