Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
quotes...sayings....
"There's one thing I believe, is that I don't know anything and anything could happen."-Amy Lee
"For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors - between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it."
"You're not a good person. At best your a bad person too timid to do as you'd like"- Which is just pretty much a rewording of "Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual." by Nietzsche

Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is.- Wilde
"I think I was okay yesterday, for some reason I don't really care about the past.
I'll probably be okay tomorrow. I think this is happiness."

Lonely life location map. Add yourself if you like Smile
Quote:"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul’s good to do each day two things they disliked. . . . It is a precept I have followed scrupulously: for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."
William Somerset Maugham
...don't get it
e.m.e. Wrote:
Quote:"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul’s good to do each day two things they disliked. . . . It is a precept I have followed scrupulously: for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."
William Somerset Maugham
...don't get it

Most people don't like waking up, they also wish they could stay awake longer, instead of going to bed. So this person is doing two things they dislike (apparently a good habit for your soul) the easy way since they don't enjoy waking up or going to bed.
bluey Wrote:Interesting thread Smile

Ok hears one

Better to regret the things you have done then the things you have not done.....Bluey

Nice one BlueyBig Grin

Here's one that I have memorized and repeat in my head when I do something stupid or just utterly fail at something:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts-----Winston Churchill

Winter makes us appreciate summer as death makes us appreciate life-----NeverMore
"build a bridge and get over it"
or...
"build a bridge and burn it down because you are never going to get over it"

I like those Toungue
like a kerosene fire in a tobacco shed
Yep..here's mine..

The bad jazz man blows wails like long after he cuts out...
so swing sweet there won't ya'?
Quote:Most people don't like waking up, they also wish they could stay awake longer, instead of going to bed. So this person is doing two things they dislike (apparently a good habit for your soul) the easy way since they don't enjoy waking up or going to bed.

that is so me I never want to get up and I never want to go to sleep I sure hope it's good for the soul, cause I don't think it's very good for my health, I stay up late because I always get caught in doing something, and I never want to get up because i'm too tired and don't feel like doing anything else

Quote:Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts-----Winston Churchill

Winter makes us appreciate summer as death makes us appreciate life-----NeverMore

those are really good I'm going to save those

one i like is regret nothing deny everything

it may not be helpful but it makes me smile
"Choose to be more hopeful that things will get better. Thinking it helps it happen."

Somebody once told me this. Well sometimes I'd like to choose to be hopeful..but hoping seems hopeless at times.
Oh well...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lazy Quotes BrokenInside 9 4,712 05-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: MisunderstoodVacancy
Wink Memorable Quotes thelonegamer 122 14,855 03-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Albatross
  Motivational, yet funny quotes. Nicolelt 3 3,194 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Inspirational Quotes lostatsea 2 3,015 10-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: jzinsky
  These quotes by Michel Houellebecq Factotum 0 4,504 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM