quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kristen

Administrator's note: Due to the originality of the content in this thread it falls under the criteria of "Essential" and hereby shall remain as a historical landmark of aLonelyLife.com in the form of a sticky. Thank You, Kristen!

4th of April 2008
- Robin

-----------------

hi.
Any1 have a motto?of your life...or a day...or today...
do u have any of your own insperational quotes or of another famous people.
**this topic has nothing to do with the meaning of life though.

Is there anything you live by? A philosophy? A rule? For ex: "Enjoy life!"
"Tomorrow is another day."

Or some quotation that u really like or hateand maybe little explanation why. thanks
here are some:
---------------------

By any means necessary (Machiavelli or Malcolm X, take your pick).

I listen to the wind....to the wind of my soul....Cat Stevens

"I will dare to do just what I do. Be just what I am. And dance whenever I want to." -Sabrina Ward Harrison

"Someday this will all make sense."

Whatever it takes

"Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself.
That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great
inner drive,go much further than people with vastly superior talent."
~ Sophia Loren ~

Baby, hit me one more time!

Carpé Diem
- Seize the Day -

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts, that hope always triumphs over experience, that laughter is the only cure for grief, and that love is stronger than death." - Robert Fulgahm

"Change is never easy. You fight to hold on, you fight to let go."

"Normal people scare me."

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill: but time and chance happeneth to them all"
~Ecclesiastes 9:11

I don't have a motto...

How do you live your life...
when nobody's watching?

If Me don't wanna, Me not gonna.(this is more like me)

honeysuckle happens.

Heaven won't take me and hell's afraid I'll take over.

OR

Attachments

• ICONATOR_5946f4d64c7d1be69f101e06332e9f76.gif
    ICONATOR_5946f4d64c7d1be69f101e06332e9f76.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 35
Interesting thread :)

Ok hears one

Better to regret the things you have done then the things you have not done.....Bluey

Never believe in humanity.

Expect to be disappointed.

Don't trust corporations(falls under the humanity one but it needs to be double for corps)

"Pain is the feeling of stupidity leaving your body"
^that's what my dad says when you get hurt doing stupid things, like when I cut the tip of my finger off using a hatchet in the dark... lol :D

My all time favorite is: "This too shall pass." Don't know who said it...

And also: "It's better to pee in the sink than sink in the pee." That one always made me smile when I was little.

"I hate almost all rich people, but i think i'd be darling at it." -- Dorothy Parker.

frey12 said:

Don't trust corporations(falls under the humanity one but it needs to be double for corps)

I agree 100%

I sometimes tell myself that when meeting some1 new

double post

frey12 said:

I agree 100%

I sometimes tell myself that when meeting some1 new

"There's one thing I believe, is that I don't know anything and anything could happen."-Amy Lee

"For centuries, the battle of morality was fought between those who claimed that your life belongs to God and those who claimed that it belongs to your neighbors - between those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of ghosts in heaven and those who preached that the good is self-sacrifice for the sake of incompetents on earth. And no one came to say that your life belongs to you and that the good is to live it."

"You're not a good person. At best your a bad person too timid to do as you'd like"- Which is just pretty much a rewording of "Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual." by Nietzsche

Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is.- Wilde

"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul’s good to do each day two things they disliked. . . . It is a precept I have followed scrupulously: for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."
William Somerset Maugham
...don't get it

e.m.e. said:
"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul’s good to do each day two things they disliked. . . . It is a precept I have followed scrupulously: for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."
William Somerset Maugham
...don't get it

Most people don't like waking up, they also wish they could stay awake longer, instead of going to bed. So this person is doing two things they dislike (apparently a good habit for your soul) the easy way since they don't enjoy waking up or going to bed.

bluey said:
Interesting thread :)

Ok hears one

Better to regret the things you have done then the things you have not done.....Bluey

Nice one Bluey:D

Here's one that I have memorized and repeat in my head when I do something stupid or just utterly fail at something:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts-----Winston Churchill

Winter makes us appreciate summer as death makes us appreciate life-----NeverMore

"build a bridge and get over it"
or...
"build a bridge and burn it down because you are never going to get over it"

I like those :p

Yep..here's mine..

The bad jazz man blows wails like long after he cuts out...
so swing sweet there won't ya'?

Most people don't like waking up, they also wish they could stay awake longer, instead of going to bed. So this person is doing two things they dislike (apparently a good habit for your soul) the easy way since they don't enjoy waking up or going to bed.

that is so me I never want to get up and I never want to go to sleep I sure hope it's good for the soul, cause I don't think it's very good for my health, I stay up late because I always get caught in doing something, and I never want to get up because i'm too tired and don't feel like doing anything else

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts-----Winston Churchill

Winter makes us appreciate summer as death makes us appreciate life-----NeverMore

those are really good I'm going to save those

one i like is regret nothing deny everything

it may not be helpful but it makes me smile

"Choose to be more hopeful that things will get better. Thinking it helps it happen."

Somebody once told me this. Well sometimes I'd like to choose to be hopeful..but hoping seems hopeless at times.
Oh well...

Latest posts

Back