Provide feedback and suggestions!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjarne

Reaction score
Please tell us what you think about this forum and give suggestions on how to improve it!

Examples:

What other forums should be added?

How should the current forums (names, descriptions etc.) be changed?

It seems to work just fine, as for promoting it.. I found it so easily... thanks...

bjarne said:
Please tell us what you think about this forum and give suggestions on how to improve it!

Hello bjarne, and thanks much for all your efforts in providing people with a place to connect and share, and to speak freely of our feelings. :)

My 'suggestion' is more of just of thought, but the title, "A Lonely Life" seems to me, to invoke feelings of perpetual patterns of isolation and introversion, and an overall sense of social futility. I was thinking, what if perhaps you were to add a subline after the main title, such as:

A Lonely Life...

~A Lonely Moment, A Lonely Lifetime~

Might something as this offer more of an impression that, 'sometimes even a brief encounter with loneliness can come as an apparently endless labyrinth of despair'; as opposed to the implication that, 'to feel lonely, is to be condemned to a life of loneliness'?

bjarne said:

Hello bjarne, and thanks much for all your efforts in providing people with a place to connect and share, and to speak freely of our feelings. :)

My 'suggestion' is more of just of thought, but the title, "A Lonely Life" seems to me, to invoke feelings of perpetual patterns of isolation and introversion, and an overall sense of social futility. I was thinking, what if perhaps you were to add a subline after the main title, such as:

A Lonely Life...

~A Lonely Moment, A Lonely Lifetime~

Might something as this offer more of an impression that, 'sometimes even a brief encounter with loneliness can come as an apparently endless labyrinth of despair'; as opposed to the implication that, 'to feel lonely, is to be condemned to a life of loneliness'?

I do agree with you in that I need to make a more "descriptive" logo/introduction.

Unfortunately my graphics skills are very weak. So if anyone would like to help out with it, please feel free to send me suggestions/logoes (or post it here).

I know I'm only new here but I have a suggestion, maybe it would be good to have a introductions thread? There people could post who they are and a bit about themselves and people could greet them... just antoher way to make people feel less lonely I guess.

Do you have javascript enabled?

It is a relatively modern forum script, it supports in-page editing via Ajax. But it requires javascript.

Hi Bjarne,I'm just a bit curious.......how did you come about starting this forum?I am thankful that you thought of it...very sweet of you......now we can be friends to eachother....friends and comforters to hurting hearts.......the world need more love and caring hearts......we have all been hurt in different ways we can relate through our pain ....we can grow in love and hope of a brighter day.....now we have a reason to live, someone does care if we live or die......we might all be many miles away..but we are close in heart.....in the things that matter......we all have made mistakes...and we can put that behind us and move on to a brighter day....isn't that cool.....we are all here for each other kind of like a family...God bless you all....my new family ...glad to meet ya....

I love this forum. I wish there were more Americans and some Canadians here but I'm certainly not complaining.

I love Canadians, just thought I'd share that with you all!
I love the forum too, great place and great people. xx

Hi Bjarne,

I was going to register, but was put off by the Junior member (two stars), administrator (Seven stars!) etc. Hierarchy.
Concern was that this, like so many other sites, appears to be free, but it turns out you have to keep paying more (ugrading!) to do anything that you actually want to do:
So the suggestion is this: put an explanation someplace about categories of membership, costs etc.
I have no problem with paying for something useful (as this appears to be), but like to know what I'm signing up for in advance.
Thanks for listening.

Greetings - a couple suggestions I wanted to offer as far as improving the place.

1) As mentioned the logo could be revamped. I do freelance web design and graphics design so I'll whip up some ideas and post those here as soon as I get some free time.

2) Have you thought about adding a section to the board for -positive- things? It's fantastic to have a place for lonely people to come talk to one another, but perhaps having something uplifting tied into it would help people find and share uplifting information or ideas?

First, for BeenHereAWhile, the titles and stars only have to do with post counts. Or at least that's how it is with most forums. No need to pay for membership.

I don't know about that saying on the bottom. The point of this forum is to encourage people to feel better about themselves and let them know that there are others that are like them. Just because someone is different doesn't mean that they have to be alone. Years of being with the friends that I have and have had has shown me that out there somewhere is someone who will accept you for who and what you are.

stardust said:
Greetings - a couple suggestions I wanted to offer as far as improving the place.

1) As mentioned the logo could be revamped. I do freelance web design and graphics design so I'll whip up some ideas and post those here as soon as I get some free time.

2) Have you thought about adding a section to the board for -positive- things? It's fantastic to have a place for lonely people to come talk to one another, but perhaps having something uplifting tied into it would help people find and share uplifting information or ideas?

Hi stardust,

I like the logo image a lot, it's really cool- but the tagline is at the bottom is not very good :-(. For now could you remove the tagline and post it again? Then I can use it as the site logo (almost anything is better than the current one hihi).

If people have any suggestions on a better (more positive) tagline please post it.

Hmm another idea would be to make the logo not that high; ie. take the loner "brick" and use it as the 'L' in life?

Regarding your idea for a positive forum, well I like that also. Good any ideas for a title? Maybe "Inspiration"? :)

Here's the revamped logo - it looked funny with the pawn as the "L" in life but he worked well as the "I".

logo2-1.jpg

And for the positive forum, Inspiration sounds good to me.

Latest posts

Back