Don't know what to do anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

seventhson

I have been single all my life except for a week which turned out to be two years of heart break.

You see when I was 17 I went out with this girl. For a week she was really loving and we always held each others hand. I was to shy to kiss her.
She broke up with me and after 3 months of not seeing her she was back in my life(she was my aunts friend at the time) She said she wanted to get back together with me. But I had to go to college and get some education(I dropped out of highschool)I am not stupid or anything. So I went to college finished it got what I needed to get and yeah before that we stayed friends.

She took my out to movies and she lead me on for two years. Eventually it was so painful to even talk to her and I lost my temper and told her to f off. I saw her again after a year and we left on good terms.

But back to the main topic. I'm 22 now and I have had some girls intrested in me two of them. The one was long distance. So that fizzled out. Then Now I had one that talked to me for 6 months and is only about 20 minutes away from me. But yeah She was just using me for attention and tonight she ended it. It hurts a lot. I have never been good enough to ask a girl out in person.

So now I sit at home and I am so lonely. I feel like crying and my mom keeps on saying it will happen in time. Yet I'm the oldest in my family(the kids:p) And I'm the only one that has never even kissed anyone. I am really sad at the moment. I try to stay positive it works but then I see couples and It hurts. I have a friend but he would rather do drugs than go out and meet people.(not hard ones pot and lsd) I don't take any of that.

Most girls I have ever know have seen me as a brother. And it kills me. I just want to have some physical interaction with another person. Its been 6 years since I have had anyone in my arms. I work really hard at work. I come home to an empty bed. And no one to talk to about my day. I don't even want to come home anymore. All my flirting all ways ends up in failure. I have asked about 20 girls out in my life time. And only one said yes(not including the ones I met on the net) and that turned out to be the most hurtful time in my life.

Should I just give up and live my life alone and just accept that I was meant for no one. People tell me I am handsome and really gorgeous but I don't believe them.

Thanks for reading this.:shy:

I had a boyfriend once in my life but it was also only for a short time so until now I feel I haven't been really into a serious relationship - which I'm looking for. I'm not in for playing, flirting around, I want a real one. I don't know what's wrong with me - it's always like this: the guys that likes me, I don't like. the guys that I like, they don't like me back - or they're always inlove with somebody else. Or sometimes, the guys that likes me, I learn to like them later but it's already late, they're with someone new already, then I regret I just let them pass by. It's always the same scenarios that it already gets frustrating at times. I can't help but think what is wrong with me - do I really have bad luck when it comes to love? or maybe love isn't just for me? or maybe it will come one day? I don't know. I don't look for it all of the time, but it's hard not to get lonely from time to time - especially when I see people around me inlove, that's the saddest part - when all you see around you are couples and you're alone and have no one to share your everyday life with, no one to cuddle, to kiss, to walk with hand in hand. Most are even younger than me but they have more experiences than me, (I'm turning 22 by the way) and this might be lame but sometimes I can't help thinking 'I think I'm prettier than her or she's not that pretty but she has found true love'.. My friends say the guy I would be with would be lucky since I am pretty and thoughtful and nice (that's what they say, it didn't come from me) but I think maybe I'm not attractive. If those were true then why is it no one likes me? Maybe I'm really a bad girl and karma's getting back at me this way. I'm still dreaming and wishing for that someone and most of the time I still believe he will come in God's time but sometimes it's frustrating like why does it have to take so **** long? Why is it I have to be different than anybody else - am I any special than them? Now I'm sometimes afraid to fall for a guy since it has been stuck to my mind that if I fall for that guy, then automatically that guy wouldn't like me. I don't know if it's a curse or what. but **** why does it have to happen over and over again? It sometimes even comes to my mind that maybe I should just give up, maybe I am waiting for nothing, no one's meant for me, and maybe I should just stop looking for love. So we kind of have the same dilemmas and I know what you need is advice but right now I don't know what advice to give since I myself have those same worries that I can't fix too at the moment. I just wanted to share this to you to let you know you're not the only one going through these things. and I know there's a lot more besides the two of us. Let's just hold on and keep going day by day.

Yea, I seem to be in the same situation these days. Never really kissed a girl (embarassed about it, but its reality). I am not nesciarly an unattractive person, I am a bit how would I say it? Chubbier? I have no pickup skills though, and thats that...I am trying to make small improvements to my appearance etc so I can boost my confidence...and I hope in time I will be able to at least talk to girls confidently. I still have a very hard time striking conversation with strangers.

I mean heck, one of my room mates who gives me butterflies anytime we interact is awesome, but I have no idea if she is interested in me as she doesnt seem to talk much. I mean not just talk much to me, but literally anyone. She doesn't seem really social, although when engaged she does talk. Just seems that she wont speak unless spoken to, which I wish should would engage me....as its kind of awkward in the morning...usually we are up at the same time (shared double sided kitchen) yet most of the time its a "hi or hello" or "hows it goin' and most often just get a reply "Fine, yourself"....I dont know...she just never seems to engage anyone, not just me. The only other time she seems to engage is occasionally I will cross paths with her at school and she smiles/waves at me, and I mean it just cuts right through me to not be able to strike up deep conversations with her. My mind consistently wanders during the day, usually thinking about her smile (creepy? maybe?) but has become an issue as its all I want to think about these days (relationships).

In regards to interaction, yea it really does suck not being in a relationship if you crave interaction. I have recently really been craving that physical interaction with someone, I dont know but in the past couple years its really gotten to me and it is burning a hole within me all the time. I know its natural to crave it...but feels so unnatural to attempt to obtain that interaction. Yes it definitely does hurt to never have anyone close to talk to, and I wish I did....even with the simple things "Hey how was your day or hows it goin!?" or even mundane things, I dont care I just want to talk to someone after a day at school feeling even more lonely. Thats why I am here, because I feel lost, with no purpose and lonely.

Sigh. I'm really lonely. Everyone around me has someone. I sit there at social events with all these couples twiddling my thumbs.

Everyone in my family has someone. I have tried asking girls out for a coffee or lunch or just to hang out. All of them always say no.
I just want someone to do stuff with. Its just about sex but more the romance stuff. I feel so useless. I don't know what to do:(

None of my friends know anyone to hook me up with. I know people say but you just need friends to do stuff. I have that need fulfilled. They tell me when it happens it happens. I'm tired emotionally. I am tired of feeling dead inside.

You are still young, enjoy the time you have to yourself while you can. I'm 36 and have always been single, still waiting for my first kiss etc yada-yada (weird comming from a guy maybe :p). I know what it feels like to being alone, I used to stay home every single night for 7 years with no human contact except the people at work during the day. Some days are better than others but you have to hang in there. Try to find things to do by yourself that you enjoy and once you are happy with who you are and that you are single but ok with it, you will attract more people. Go and join groups that have simmilar interests that you have, art, music or even reading. You will meet more people that way and increase your chances of widening your friend circle. And chances are good you will find someone that you will click with. You will never attract a potential partner if you are always in a mood of gloom and doom. I also fail in this many times and nobody want to be with someone that is always grumpy or looking desperate. You shouldn't look for someone to make you happy, you need to be happy with yourself without someone. Only then can you be happy with someone. (get my drift?)

I'm currently in such a situation where all my friends are married, with 1-3 children. And guess what, 90% of them already went through a devorce once because they thought they were lonely and in the end they ended up with the wrong person, heck my one friend's wife use to beat him up and he was a big oke, just because he was taught you don't hit a woman he just let it go, he ended up in hospital on numerous occasions with a broken nose.

My friends have also tried multiple times to set me up with women that they thought will be right for me, but we had nothing in common to keep a friendly conversation going for long. At this stage none of them have any single lady friends left that they can intruduce me to, maybe one of them was the right one but I was constantly obsessed with being alone and believe me that vibe shows even if you don't talk about it.

So cheer up, be happy with who you are and you will have a greater chance of attracting the right person. Make some changes in your life if you think it is needed, the way you dress, get a new haircut if you need it, keep a positive attitude and stay away from being negative, be a "glass is half full" kinda person. The way you present yourself (total package" also goes a long way but be true to who you are, the "clothes" don't make the man but it sure as hell can give you a boost.

22 is too young to give up.

Actually, any age is too young to give up. Hope is one of our greatest, most powerful assets. There are days when I have to say this out loud to myself over and over again, but in my heart I do believe it to be true.

Hi Seventhson.

Let's get one thing clear. Don't accept the fact that you aren't good enough to ask a woman out irl. Believe it or not, women can and are as nervous as you are when it comes to social situations such as this.

I can't tell you how many times I struck out with the ladies. I am no Cassanova, believe me. The fact that you decided to share such personal information with people here you have never met before, takes an immense amount of courage.

I've read a lot of topics like this. I know it's easy for me to say, but like I've posted before, you have to summon the courage you have shown in making this thread and direct it towards meeting someone. You are going to strike out from time to time. That's life. There's no avoiding it, when you are in search of a companion.

Also, a lot of men and women have been hurt and used in relationships in the past. This could possibly make them afraid to see someone without constantly keeping their guard up, or avoiding relationships all together.
Take what you have, and take chances. I've been hurt in relationships before, and it does suck.

Don't ever accuse yourself of not being good enough. That is such a tragedy. Be true to yourself and do things to build your confidence and people will respond, I promise you.

Latest posts

Back