A little something about depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9930

Reaction score
Sometimes it feels impossible to convey the magnitude and intricacies of the pain you are experiencing. Depression is a debilitating illness and when you've reached the deepest depths of it, you feel so alone and utterly hopeless. You don't know where to turn, what to do and the only release you see is that of suicide. No-one seems to understand you and your pain. No-one lives up to that God-like being that you supposedly need in order to try and help you change your circumstances. Life is life and death is death. Life is an abundance of ups and downs. Death is the finality of human existence. Us humans are mere mortals and the desire to experience love, euphoria and bliss in the form of Heaven or just the peace of not existing on any plane of existence is sometimes so overwhelming and all-consuming that you question the meaning of life. That in itself is dangerous when you feel depressed. The impulsiveness to kill the self is then amplified. Although I agree it's important to connect to other people, the most imperative thing is to find peace with the self and accept that humans were not created to be perfect.

That is the greatest way I've heard depression described. ONLY I HOPE YOU ARE NOT THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE! If you are, please get help.

Here's a quote about anxiety, which takes turns with my depression:

Regarding Anxiety:

"'Anxiety' has always been such a predominant factor in
my life that--being a Christian who tries to forgive
everyone and makes excuses for the behavior of the rest
of mankind--if 'anxiety' became human, I could kill it!"

Author Unknown

Latest posts

Back