Have you experienced loneliness and/or sleep problems?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvenu

Reaction score
This has been approved by the admins.

A 3 minute survey is currently looking for participants that are 16+, and have experienced or are experiencing loneliness or sleep problems.

This is part of a psychological research dissertation and has ethical approval.

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/stirling/healthsurvey

It features 3 self-reported sections filled in online. These include loneliness, sleep problems and social relationships. All answers are anonymous.

If you are interested please contact for the link and more details.

Thank you

Mark.

I struggle to sleep quite often, because my mind is always racing. My doctor won't prescribe me any sedatives though. Can be tough to sleep for me.

I have never had problems sleeping.

I usually fall asleep within five to ten minutes.

Sleeping is favorite part of the day / night.

LoneKiller said:
I struggle to sleep quite often, because my mind is always racing. My doctor won't prescribe me any sedatives though. Can be tough to sleep for me.

I'm not sure about that... maybe your doctor isn't understanding how disruptive sleep problems are for you. When people are extremely stressed they often need sedatives for a week, even a few weeks. God, I had a friends whos doctor gave him so many he began to abuse them and only got caught when he admitted it. I would perhaps speak with a pharmacist about natural remedies, if you are stressed and you cant sleep you deserve some sort of assistance, people often take valium for a week before bed and it really helps to establish a healthy sleep pattern.

It's been over a week so I'd like to Bump this for any new people who might be interested in taking part.

Mark.

One of my favorite expressions is "Sleep is for the weak".

It's just my joke to mask the insomnia I've had for as long as I can remember. I often go weeks with minimal sleep (4-5 hours a night) and a "power-sleep" of 16-20 hours every 3 or 4 months. I can only shut my mind off if I have several rye and coke (not my preferred option).

I once read Leonardo Davinci would have a few short "cat-naps" of about 15-20 minutes each day as he was too busy to sleep. Kind of inspiring if it's true.

I can't remember the last time I slept "well" this year. Not because of a sense of alienation as the survey seems to imply, but more due to physical conditions (like RLS and arthritis) or my mind meandering to existential dilemmas...

I've had some really vivid nightmares lately. So much so that when I wake up I'm still dazed by the nightmare, making out images from my nightmare from the shadow patterns on my curtains.

This is a final bump for this thread. I have to close the survey in a week to start analysing the data.

Please can any one who hasnt check out the link at:

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/stirling/healthsurvey

I will post the results in about 6 weeks. A big thank you to every one who took the time to do it, I greatly appreciate it.

Mark.

It only takes a minute or two to fill out.

The week mention in the previous post is close to running out.

Latest posts

Back