How to make a lawyer cry tears of sugary joy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleDays

Reaction score
Yes, this is a repost from Pl53, but Kazu, you reposted when it was my buffday, so I'm allowed to do the same :cool:

This afternoon, I will be the first to admit I'm having a rubbish day. I'm feeling all tearful and homesick, because it's getting to the end of term and I just want to go home and NOT study Health Care Law....

But this afternoon, I got a note from the Post Office when I got home saying that I'd received a parcel - so I took my grouchy self through the rainy, miserable-ass streets of Leicestererereershire to the Post Office.

AND THERE IT WAS. THE BIGGEST PARCEL I HAVE EVER SEEN.

It was (no joke) as big as my torso, and too broad for my arms to carry, so I sort-of had to half-cling, half-lollop home.

AND LOOK WHAT WAS IN IT:

1ywgnm.jpg

Now, I'm pretty sure a lot of you are aware of this, but just in case you don't know, I FRIGGING LOVE AMERICAN FOOD. Around £1,000,000 of my average yearly expenditures go on American candy, and so to get such a beautiful big box of birthday presents was just.... wow.

And because I'm a big slaggy bugger, English rose frigging pansy, I of course burst into tears. Laying out the presents, my hands were shaking and I dropped stuff on the floor and sent a picture to my sister, yada yada....

The parcel was a birthday present from my long-time friend and comrade-at-arms, mintymint (which I almost never call him, haha) for my 22nd birthday, an age which he KNEW I was proper depressed about.

Now, I promised him that I wouldn't be all mushy, because he's generally not too big-up on PDAs and general mushiness (unless it's mushy soup (d)), but I just want to dedicate this weeny little post to him.

Over the last couple of months, he has been like a best friend to me. No joke. He puts up with so much crap from me, and always listens to me when I'm sick or hyper or grumpy or angry and has picked me up so many times when I've been feeling rubbish about myself. I'm generally not one to express emotion too readily, as I generally despise other people, but when it comes to him, I'm just a massive girl. Especially when his beautiful kitty is on webcam or when he plays guitar too ^_^.

Today is just one example of probably about 23892809 where he's genuinely, legitimately changed my life for the better. My trousers will never fit the same again. IMMA GET SO FAT.

He is genuinely one of the best people I have ever met (in an online-sense, lolol) and there should be one of him on every continent - but that's not possible, so I really hope one day our lives geographically cross paths.

So Kazu, thank you, you big slaggy bugger.

With love from,

A (goo) Brit with a mouthful of M&Ms.

Latest posts

Back