Christmas Parties

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Drifter

Reaction score
So this weekend is the big office Christmas night out; I’m dreading it and I’m not even going!

I don’t mind so much that my colleagues ignored me when they were planning it and sending out the invitations. I don’t mind so much that when they discovered they had overbooked the restaurant by one seat they cancelled the order despite me saying I would love to go out with them. No, what bothers and hurts me so much is all of their excited banter and laughter.

All this week they’ve been talking over and around me about their activities, of all the fun they’re going to have hanging out with each other and how excited they are. Even my so-called friends haven’t offered invitation and worst of all I know they’ll be talking about this for weeks to come with Facebook pictures and “remember when” stories. It’s like being back at school all over again.

So when they’re all dressed smart and riding in limousines this Saturday night, I’ll be the only person left at work manning the telephones. I hate Christmas!

Thus endith the rant :club:

And me, I'd rather not be invited to the company party. I hate them, my boss is the kind of guy who likes to single each person out and say something about them. Usually joking and such but I hate having attention brought on to me. I'm not going this year, I have another commitment and it was late notice. Probably won't get a Christmas bonus this year either but oh well, that's the way he is. I'd rather skip my bonus then stand there with no one to talk to, have to make small talk with people I don't have anything in common with, and have people ask me why I don't have a girl yet. Ugh, so much stress and humiliation.

Hi Lone Drifter-your colleagues sound like an unkind bunch of people to be leaving you out, when you said you would like to go with them. I really don't understand how anyone could treat someone in such a manner. You deserve to be with people who value and respect you.

Tiina63 said:
Hi Lone Drifter-your colleagues sound like an unkind bunch of people to be leaving you out, when you said you would like to go with them. I really don't understand how anyone could treat someone in such a manner. You deserve to be with people who value and respect you.

+1

My guess is that going out with your colleagues wouldn't be any fun anyway, because they sound like a bunch of assfaced moronic bitches and/or bastards.

It horrifies me to hear that such behaviour is actually tolerated at a workplace. Not in a million years would anyone at my workplace be treated like that, no matter how much of an "outsider" they may be.

Don't hate christmas, though. If anything, hate your colleagues. But ideally, don't hate at all. Trust me, it's extremely exhausting.

And P.S. If I worked at your office, I would totally drag you out to join us.

Lost Drifter said:
So this weekend is the big office Christmas night out; I’m dreading it and I’m not even going!

I don’t mind so much that my colleagues ignored me when they were planning it and sending out the invitations. I don’t mind so much that when they discovered they had overbooked the restaurant by one seat they cancelled the order despite me saying I would love to go out with them. No, what bothers and hurts me so much is all of their excited banter and laughter.

All this week they’ve been talking over and around me about their activities, of all the fun they’re going to have hanging out with each other and how excited they are. Even my so-called friends haven’t offered invitation and worst of all I know they’ll be talking about this for weeks to come with Facebook pictures and “remember when” stories. It’s like being back at school all over again.

So when they’re all dressed smart and riding in limousines this Saturday night, I’ll be the only person left at work manning the telephones. I hate Christmas!

*hugs* I'm sorry hun... People can be so cruel. but one thing to find comfort in, is knowing that karma is a *****! what goes around comes back around.

I wished I lived closer to all my peers here on the boards.. I would throw a grand party, and invite all of you.. we would have so much fun!

Next year you just need to get the time off first. Then you can ruin their plans by making one of them work on giftmas. >_<

Holidays only have as much stock as you put in them. So I do not put any stock in them at all.

I always work Christmas. It doesn't bother me, nor do I hate people who get to enjoy it; I do wish that I got it off for more sleep, though :p

It would be great to have a place where we'd all meet up and have our own shindig. Plain wishful thinking an all but fresia it.

Anyways@LostDrfter as Tiina63 said, people like that don't deserve to have your company and you don't deserve to have theirs. I've read a few of your posts on here and you sound a lot like me and I'm sure a few others too. So take comfort in knowing you have kindred spirits on here. I know I do now.

Hope you have a good xmas my friend

Lost Drifter said:

Hey there LD,

If you're at the office manning the phones while they're out partying is it to late to have a little petty revenge. Something like Vaseline on their phones or tape over the ear set so they can not hear what is being said.I know it's petty but sometimes........

Speaking of petty, I put a bit of ground meat in the corner of my "supervisors" office. He's not back until January 4th. I feel no guilt as he has gone out of his way to humiliate me over the last couple of months. :p

Latest posts

Back