New Places: PLEASE VOTE ON MY POLL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Move back home?

• Total voters

gordlonious

Reaction score
<b> Background: </b> I've always been a "home kid." I would always rather stay home then go shopping with my mom, or go on any errands. I would stay home alone at the age of 4. I enjoyed it, i always felt safe as long as i was home. I was homeschooled up until highschool. Homeschool was AWESOME and despite what many think i had lots of friends as a homeschooler.

<b> Situation: </b> My father worked for Smith Holden Music in Bloomington, IN. (where i grew up.) It was a decent job, but almost three years ago the company went under and we had to move to Utah in order to secure another job for my dad. The move happened during the latter end of my Junior year in highschool, i've lived here in Utah up until now.

<b> Problem </b> I've lived in Utah for almost three years now and i still don't feel at home. I haven't made <i> any friends </i> the whole time i've been here.

<b> The Solution? </b> Move back to Indiana. I'm 19 now, and my parents told me that most of my friends would move away anyway to go to college. They were wrong, lots of my friends are still there (Bloomington is home to a great college). I want to go back home.

Please Comment!!! am i a fool for leaving my family to go back to the place i gew up in and grew to love? Am i just being a baby? Please post any criticisms, advice, logic, questions, random quotes, jokes? anything...

woops. i guess html tags don't work on these forums...

Latest posts

Back