tired of fakes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chasm

Reaction score
m so **** tired of mtng ppl i thnk r good decent ppl>>
only 2 find out they r pieces of livng breathng honeysuckle
:rolleyes:

You've taken to insulting people on the boards now?

I wouldn't say anything ordinarily, but since this is so obviously directed at me given a recent PM disagreement, I may as well mention my discomfort.

I didn't know it was possible to inspire such venom in someone with absolutely no provocation. It's truly sad how you think like this, I guess all I can say is I hope you get your problems sorted out.

Please don't air private disputes on the forum. If you have an issue with another member, you may PM a moderator about it.

no disputes i wantd 2 air?
this is about my PHYSICAL life
wtf
LoL

It wasn't directed at specific person. Just something to keep in mind.

I’ve said this before but I believe the problem is that sometimes we try too hard to force a friendship out of people and it ends up hurting us further when things don’t work out. For example I see some people with similar hobbies and outlooks and I think “yeah, we could be great friends” but after spending time with them and getting to know them more I feel disappointed they’re not as I imagined.

It’s not their fault of course, just my inability to look past the bad and notice the good, its like I’ve hyped up our friendship in my head to the point of anything different being bad. It’s an awkward habit to break but I really need to try.

Chasm said:

Most folks are all about bullshit.. that is life... a true good person, with no motives is like finding a needle ina haystack!

Lost Drifter said:
I’ve said this before but I believe the problem is that sometimes we try too hard to force a friendship out of people and it ends up hurting us further when things don’t work out. For example I see some people with similar hobbies and outlooks and I think “yeah, we could be great friends” but after spending time with them and getting to know them more I feel disappointed they’re not as I imagined.

It’s not their fault of course, just my inability to look past the bad and notice the good, its like I’ve hyped up our friendship in my head to the point of anything different being bad. It’s an awkward habit to break but I really need to try.
nvr try 2 force friendship out of ne1
my xperience is diffrnt
ppl PURSUE interaction w/me
pretend 2b sumthng they r nt
then its like they cannot keep up the "act"
it eventually falls dwn fr around them
luckily 4 ME it does
but still?
im tired of this

Nolife Princess said:
Chasm said:

Most folks are all about bullshit.. that is life... a true good person, with no motives is like finding a needle ina haystack!
this is no joke
no joke

Most people have two selves. There's the illusory facade that is worthy and self-assured on stage and then the genuine self that waits behind the curtain.
It's never fun to discover that someones backstage self is corrupt or morally inept.

roguewave said:
Most people have two selves. There's the illusory facade that is worthy and self-assured on stage and then the genuine self that waits behind the curtain.
It's never fun to discover that someones backstage self is corrupt or morally inept.
thats a buncha crap
i mean?
im nt sayng wut ur sayng is nt tru?
but rathr?
it is tru
n
its a buncha crap
i dnt do that
i mean?
that would b such a rip off 4 ME
it would mean the person isnt liking me 4 ME
its like im spittng on my own self

I think everyone has a center stage and back stage self. I used the example in an exaggerated and negative light (to reflect your original post of people turning out to not be good when you get to know them).

But a lot of the time the difference is smaller and not malicious or anything. For example, someone who is trying to appear more talkative, smarter, more appealing. That's natural and not a bad thing but they are still altering themself (if slightly) for the public eye.

Edit: Is themself even a word? Themselve isn't right either. wtf

"b tru 2 thine self"
shrugs
that would still b a facade
unless?
ur doing a "fake it till u make it" maneuvr?
that would still b totally WRONG

Chasm said:
"b tru 2 thine self"
shrugs
unless?

You lost me. Wouldn't the "be true to thine self" saying be genuine? But the fake it till you make it strategy would be a facade?

But at least fake it till you make it works to improve some people and they do certain behaviors for so long that they become genuine. I mean, that is okay I think.

roguewave said:
Chasm said:
"b tru 2 thine self"
shrugs
unless?

You lost me. Wouldn't the "be true to thine self" saying be genuine? But the fake it till you make it strategy would be a facade?

But at least fake it till you make it works to improve some people and they do certain behaviors for so long that they become genuine. I mean, that is okay I think.
(it was themselves i think)
fake it till u make it means u INTEND on bcoming that person
like?
survival until u make it
its about who u strive 2b
yes
i think its ok 2
tho?
i could c where its sumwut?
"borderline"
but just pretendng 2b thngs u nvr intend 2 APPLY?
is wrong
n 2 me?
seems evn more of a crime towards 1self than othrs
tho?
othrs r the 1s who r more "immediately" hurt by it

Nolife Princess said:

Finding a needle in a haystack is easy but maybe painful. All you have to do is roll around until you feel a prick, then punch Chasm in the face, then roll around until a needle is sticking out of you. :D

I only joke Chasm. :)

News flash, you will meet shitty people and you will meet good people. Unfortunately, most might not be good people; what you gotta do is say "if they treat me like honeysuckle or don't respect my beliefs, then f them"

We just have to find the right kind of people for us. :D

Latest posts

Back