Its nice to be here (sorta)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugger

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Jennifer. I'm 37F from Indiana. I'm married with 2 children, my boy is 19. My daughter 15. I've been with my husband for over 11 years and love him more then when he first snatched my heart. Sounds perfect huh? Well before you pull up your boots to kick me out (ha ha) My son, who grew up the gentle, shy, sweet boy, fell into the wrong grope of kids witch led him into the party life and quitting school. But he blames it on me and has turned what's left of my family agenst me. My Daughter I can't say anything bad about, she's my angel! My husband who I love has more issues then people magazine! God love him I don't know where to start there but to just say I'm a married single person. Friends have come and gone, bla bla bla. Anyway I guess what hurts the most is I grew up in although a crazy, unhealthy family, a close one. So it realy carved a large peace of my heart out to lose them and most of all my boy, my first borne. So, yea, not so great.

Snugger said:
Hi,
My name is Jennifer. I'm 37F from Indiana. I'm married with 2 children, my boy is 19. My daughter 15. I've been with my husband for over 11 years and love him more then when he first snatched my heart. Sounds perfect huh? Well before you pull up your boots to kick me out (ha ha) My son, who grew up the gentle, shy, sweet boy, fell into the wrong grope of kids witch led him into the party life and quitting school. But he blames it on me and has turned what's left of my family agenst me. My Daughter I can't say anything bad about, she's my angel! My husband who I love has more issues then people magazine! God love him I don't know where to start there but to just say I'm a married single person. Friends have come and gone, bla bla bla. Anyway I guess what hurts the most is I grew up in although a crazy, unhealthy family, a close one. So it realy carved a large peace of my heart out to lose them and most of all my boy, my first borne. So, yea, not so great.
Hey there Snugger from Indiana

Jennifer

Kind of a goddamn when that happens. I don't know if I can say I know what you're feeling, I can say I've experienced what you've described. like you I found this site and decided to speak what's on my mind. Not sure if it helps but voicing what's inside is somewhat cathartic.

Welcome :)

That has to be a terrible feeling. Family turning against you and feeling like you've lost your son. What does your boy want to do? Did he want to start college straight out of high school? I'm still a little bitter about some of the bad decisions I made because of "parental pressure".

I hope you can find what you're looking for here.

Snugger said:
Hi,

This is the very reason why I'm afraid to have kids. I would seriously end up disowning them if they turned out "bad," because I'm very judgmental and unforgiving. (For example, I haven't spoken to my sister in 2 years.) Then the memory of how innocent they once were would claw at me. The possibility of that outcome is enough to deter me from ever having kids.

Wait, that doesn't help at all. Sorry. Welcome aboard!

Snugger said:
Hi,
Hey there Snugger from Indiana

Jennifer

Kind of a goddamn when that happens. I don't know if I can say I know what you're feeling, I can say I've experienced what you've described. like you I found this site and decided to speak what's on my mind. Not sure if it helps but voicing what's inside is somewhat cathartic.[/quote]

Hi Snugger, welcome to the forum.

Your once sweet and gentle son made the decision to walk on the wild side; it was his sole decision, tell your DH, not yours. Blame is easily transferred, but I see it as an unfair excuse not well thought out. Your son was given free will, and chose the path he wished to walk in. You did not choose that for him. It was his.

My Dad adored me, but couldn't see much good in Martin my brother. Conversely, my mother sees good in my brother but hasn't time of day for me. Life for teenagers rather suck, don't you think?

Friends come and go surely as night follows day; it's the true friends, the real friends who stay with us. It also is the best friend who'll say you've got spinach stuck in your teeth.

Life unfortunately does not allow for one's beloved parent to stay alive when the one you can't stand, does. I have no answer for that, even though I am nearly 17 and still can't work out why God took my Dad. I miss him so much that it is painful, and upsets my soul.

What you got to do is ignore your DH's blame and get on and learn to love the boy who went astray. Because love will bring him back, because love always finds a way to those who believe it; and who believe in themselves.

I look forward to getting to know you, and wish you a happy week.

Love, Anna Mouse

Latest posts

Back