Do you ever feel invisible?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nora

I do. And quite often too. For instance, today we had a meeting for school and we were passing around a piece of paper that everyone needed to sign. Somehow I was missed and never got handed the sheet. It's stupid and trivial, I know, but things like this happen so often that it makes me feel really bad. Does anyone else just feel like a complete nonentity?

I don't feel invisible but certain stupid and trivial things like you said make a part of me wanting to get out, a longing, a desperate and needy side., it's not a very attractive feeling so I hide it and I am good at that, but it's getting worse.

I certainly wish I *was* invisible, I always get far too much attention at school and work and everyone walks away thinking im crazy...or at least, not a normal person who they can be friends with.

Ok... who here has seen that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... second season, the chick that no one cared about and everyone ignored actually turned invisible because no one ever saw her anyway... I know I'm not the only one who's seen that... c'mon, someone's gotta know what I'm talking about... The chick who everyone perceived as invisible actually turned invisible... ok maybe I'm just a freak. Or am I invisible too? lol. I actually do get that fairly regularly, but not as much as I used too.

diamond-dancer? no, never heard of them. deffs never seen them around... nah they must not come here very often because I sure haven't ever seen them. nope.

diamond-dancer said:
That's funny... I could have sworn that Qui girl had posted here.

HA, ok that was hilarious... sorry Qui... I only watched the show a couple times... I just couldn't accept her as buffy since I'd watched the original movie when it first came out and thought the TV buffy just wasn't the same.

Nora said:
I do. And quite often too. For instance, today we had a meeting for school and we were passing around a piece of paper that everyone needed to sign. Somehow I was missed and never got handed the sheet. It's stupid and trivial, I know, but things like this happen so often that it makes me feel really bad. Does anyone else just feel like a complete nonentity?
I can relate to this since i was a kid lol. Still happens now now as well.
But the feeling kinda wore off as i grew older and didn't care much whether others ever thought about me. I just don't expect anyone to notice me or any acknowledgement of anything i did. Helped me get over the feeling :D

I was pretty much invisible in high school. I had one friend in my class. The rest I barely spoke to for three years, so when my friend wasn't at school, the days got quite boring

I'm glad those days are over ^^

Nora said:

Sometimes I'll be standing with a bunch of people that are talking and realize that no one is talking to ME. I often feel like I could just go up in a puff of smoke and no one would notice.

I even feel like that in these forums some of the time. That would figure. I come to the lonely board for support and get shunned by the lonely people. My recipe for feeling like a complete failure. ;)

I feel invisible to the people I really care about, I mean they see the outward me not the inner me. No one really knows who I am no matter how hard I try to show them.

But as for the general 'invisibilityness', that's not really my problem My problem is I stand out too much. I'm a Filipina and I don't really look like one plus I'm tall too, it doesn't help that I have a unique and very strong character as well (very individualistic whereas I'm in a community-centered environment). I want to shirk away as much as possible but cant, people notice me immediately, and no hiding can shun them away. I get so stressed sometimes with people, I put them in 2 categories:

- they admire me (I'm afraid that when they find out who I really am, they'll shun me and spread wild rumors about me. They're also the type I can't ever convince I have problems, as they'll think I have no right to complain compared to their problems.)

- they loath me (These are people who will either pretend to be my friend or just bully me right off the bat, any insecurities of flaw that I may have, they would just be too eager to jump and pile on it even more and laugh at my face!).

I like being different, there's no doubt about it but at the same time, if you're the only one who's different, it can be very lonesome and affect your self-esteem as well.

Nora said:

I get that all the time basically. They might not forget my altogether but my name will be written down last or they might have to ask if they've missed anyone out. In English, if we're reading, I somehow never get asked, though sometimes I don't really mind, but I guess these little things add up.

JustLost said:
I even feel like that in these forums some of the time. That would figure. I come to the lonely board for support and get shunned by the lonely people. My recipe for feeling like a complete failure.

I feel like that sometimes, but I realise that its just in my head; its just my insecurity kicking in. No one is shunned on this lonely board :p

I get the invisibility thing but it's much better than being the center of attention for the wrong reasons.

That said it can still cut pretty bad. I've stood up, walked out of class, been gone for 5minutes and nobody noticed anything was different until I came back, sneezed on my way to the chair and got asked why I was standing over on the other side of the room.:(

Qui said:
Ok... who here has seen that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... second season, the chick that no one cared about and everyone ignored actually turned invisible because no one ever saw her anyway... I know I'm not the only one who's seen that... c'mon, someone's gotta know what I'm talking about... The chick who everyone perceived as invisible actually turned invisible... ok maybe I'm just a freak. Or am I invisible too? lol. I actually do get that fairly regularly, but not as much as I used too.

I know what you're talking about, from the first season right? (Either first or second) Did you notice the references to it in the last season where Buffy works as a counciler at the school till all hell break lose?

Latest posts

Back