What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Antihero said:
I really don’t feel like making this its own thread, so I’ll just put this here. It’s still much too early to tell my family and I don’t have any close friends anymore to share this with, but my wife and I recently found out we’re pregnant.

I am simultaneously excited and terrified.

Congratulations!

What is considered too old of a post to "like" on social media? Sometimes I don't "like" things right away because I simply don't feel like doing it then, and I go back and do it later. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you genuinely think the content is cool, but people have their stupid social rules and games, and the last thing I want to do is look like a weirdo/loser.

TheSkaFish said:
What is considered too old of a post to "like" on social media?  Sometimes I don't "like" things right away because I simply don't feel like doing it then, and I go back and do it later.  Personally I think it doesn't matter if you genuinely think the content is cool, but people have their stupid social rules and games, and the last thing I want to do is look like a weirdo/loser.

If someone is getting weird about you liking a post they made then you shouldn't be concerned with what they think.

Paraiyar said:
TheSkaFish said:
What is considered too old of a post to "like" on social media?  Sometimes I don't "like" things right away because I simply don't feel like doing it then, and I go back and do it later.  Personally I think it doesn't matter if you genuinely think the content is cool, but people have their stupid social rules and games, and the last thing I want to do is look like a weirdo/loser.

If someone is getting weird about you liking a post they made then you shouldn't be concerned with what they think.

Nobody has yet, but I'm just worried about it. I feel like there are all these unspoken social rules designed to keep people in their place, one more thing that keeps "cool people" in, and outcasts out, because people just gotta have their hierarchies, they just have to.  But I could just be overthinking it.  It's probably nothing, I'm probably just doing this to myself.

TheSkaFish said:

If it looks like you've spent ages scrolling down their timeline to find it, then yeah it could be seen as weird.

ardour said:
TheSkaFish said:

If it looks like you've spent ages scrolling down their timeline to find it, then yeah it could be seen as weird.

How do you feel about 2 weeks?  Or within the same month, at least? That isn't ages to me, but then again, I don't know how anyone else feels about it.

I've had people like old stuff on my various accounts, but I'm a guy and one who is not looking to be "cool" and exclusive at that, so I'm not bothered by all this social etiquette stuff and I don't judge people for it. I'm only asking cause I don't know, and while it doesn't matter to me, it matters to some people.

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:
TheSkaFish said:

How do you feel about 2 weeks?  Or within the same month, at least?  That isn't ages to me, but then again, I don't know how anyone else feels about it.

I've had people like old stuff on my various accounts, but I'm a guy and one who is not looking to be "cool" and exclusive at that, so I'm not bothered by all this social etiquette stuff and I don't judge people for it.  I'm only asking cause I don't know, and while it doesn't matter to me, it matters to some people.

Depends on how much they post. I don't post much so it wouldn't take long to find old updates. Same with photos - if it looks like you have spent ages looking through them (say, more than a minute) then maybe not.  Probably better to just comment on recent things, unless it's their profile pic or a featured album.

For the first time in my life....I just Don't feel lonely anymore.....I don't know why.... I feel like I've accepted this is my lot in life...really weird feeling.

TheSkaFish said:

I personally don't think it's weird.  I have had people like stuff from years ago, I liked that they had took an interest in what I posted.  I wouldn't worry about it, be yourself, if people have a problem with that...then you are better off with out them :)

Latest posts

Back