What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
Jently said:
I wish British customer service was as good as American. We suck.

If anyone thinks America has good customer service much of anywhere, they've been lied to.

My personal experience Vanilla.  I've bought a few things on line from America and if there's ever a problem they're on it and i've always come out happy with the result :)

VanillaCreme said:
Jently said:
I wish British customer service was as good as American. We suck.

If anyone thinks America has good customer service much of anywhere, they've been lied to.

Richard_39 said:
VanillaCreme said:
Oh my, Ray Liotta.

Is that "Oh my, Ray Liotta " facepalm, breaks the tv, gets naked, none of the above or all of the above? ;-)

Haha. All of the above. Not necessarily in that order.

I work customer service and I can also confirm this. :p

Living in the ghetto or urban areas for 90% of my life, everywhere I went the customer service was horrid. You wouldn't even get looked in the eyes or a single word at most places. Even got a few "OH MY GOD"s in frustration at a drive thru for daring to correct an unenthusiastic/not paying attention employee messing up my order. However, after I finally moved I saw major improvements. I suppose the general area is a huge factor not necessarily either country as a hole.

With the exception of Amazon. They have SUPERB customer service in my humble opinion. Not sure how they are over there in the UK.

TheRealCallie said:
Isn't "American" customer service really "India" customer service now?

Haha. Yep, "Jason" with a very obvious Indian accent reading off a checklist was very very helpful wasting my time for 30+ minutes before in actuality referring me to whom I actually need to speak with. Gotta love Corporate America, folks. Which is precisely why I avoid making calls and do purely emails or live chats every chance I can get it.

Am I the only one who reads the word "America" somewhere and instantly the theme song from Team America World Police starts in my head?
"America....f* yeah!"
;-)

The C word is treated differently in most Commonwealth countries (Canada excepted) than it is in the United States. It's still considered offensive, but between friends, it is not necessarily so. It can be neutral, or even positive. One of the differences is that, for whatever reason, we don't use it to refer to a woman, so there's no degradation or sexism involved. It's only used for men. Depending on the qualifying adjective preceding it, it can be fine: "Meet my mate Dave. He's a good c...."

I won't directly link to it out of respect for this forum, but if you want a laugh, google "you can't say c... in Canada".   I think Richard is already doing so.  :D

It's a bit like the word *******. In Australia at least, and I think also the UK, NZ etc, you can be a tall *******, short *******, fat *******, rich *******, etc. All friendly. But you never want to be known as "that *******".

DarkSelene said:
Can't say the C word in the forum? Even without any offensive context?

DarkSelene said:
Clearly because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed.

...... As a man, I demand a word for male genitalia that is so utterly disgusting and degrading that it can't be said on a forum either!

I remember I used to think the f****t word meant coward instead of homosexual. I used it once in a forum and got moderated and a warning.

MisterLonely said:
DarkSelene said:
Can't say the C word in the forum? Even without any offensive context?

DarkSelene said:
Clearly because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed.

...... As a man, I demand a word for male genitalia that is so utterly disgusting and degrading that it can't be said on a forum either!
I find the North American term "junk" a bit revolting.  However, I would never seek to ban it.

Richard_39 said:
Am I the only one who reads the word "America" somewhere and instantly the theme song from Team America World Police starts in my head?
"America....f* yeah!"
;-)

"Comin' again to save the motherf*in' day, Yeah!" :p :cool:

I sometimes do, it's mostly meme driven things like poorly dressed and low hygiene Walmart shoppers for instance lmao. 'Merica!

No words should be banned, that's the easiest way to give them more power... but it's very hard to use arguments against feelings, and only the overly sensitive would ever think bans are remotely a good idea.

I'm almost sure I've used it here before and my posts never got edited, tho, so that was a surprise to me.

Are you saying the C word is like the N word? Only allowed to be used when one is part of the group that is supposed to be offended by it?
If so I vote the white male word to be "Privilege"

I'm saying everyone should be able to use any words they want in any context they want.
Maybe not in a forum organized by arbitrary rules but, in general...

What kids as well when talking to their parents where would your boundary be set?If it was say sixteen how would you stop anyone below that age from copying the adults.It would be very tricky because kids do naturally copy adults ......
Also if you take the power out of swear words what would happen say if some Herbert nearly piles into your brand new Challenger.Your not going to call him a stupid twat under your breath ,your more likely to chase him up to the lights and attempt to punch him in the throat...youtube would love it.

Banning words is interesting. And scary.

The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation - like the BBC, CBC, etc) was airing a radio interview with a gay guy who used to be a policeman. The thing was about homophobia in the police force. I never did hear the actual show, but I heard the promotions for it in the days ahead. This guy was talking about some old sergeant who the gay guy quoted verbatim, "why do they always put me with the poofs?" Now, "poof" as slang for a gay man is not only a bit old fashioned now, but the gay community has reclaimed it. So, I heard this promotion for about two days, and then suddenly, the sergeant was saying "why do they always put me with the [bleep]?"

The word "poof" was used by a gay man, and used in context. This censorship is mind control, and I do not like it.

But the ABC will air the word "fresia".

Latest posts

Back