Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
What are you thinking right now?
Can't say the C word in the forum? Even without any offensive context?
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe
That word has never been allowed here, so I don't really understand why you would question it now....
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM Smile

Much like my signature....
[Image: 25-mnd977rsrs9uy2653fnzrt8zaqezie54jdqs6voa00.jpg]
Clearly because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed.
[Image: tumblr_nijo7fZHBz1qg20oho1_500.gif]
"Being young and dipped in folly, I fell in love with melancholy"
-Edgar A. Poe
Am I the only one who reads the word "America" somewhere and instantly the theme song from Team America World Police starts in my head?
"America....f* yeah!"
;-)
The C word is treated differently in most Commonwealth countries (Canada excepted) than it is in the United States. It's still considered offensive, but between friends, it is not necessarily so. It can be neutral, or even positive. One of the differences is that, for whatever reason, we don't use it to refer to a woman, so there's no degradation or sexism involved. It's only used for men. Depending on the qualifying adjective preceding it, it can be fine: "Meet my mate Dave. He's a good c...."

I won't directly link to it out of respect for this forum, but if you want a laugh, google "you can't say c... in Canada".   I think Richard is already doing so.  Big Grin
"Ah, well.  I suppose it has come to this."
 - Ned Kelly
It's a bit like the word bastard. In Australia at least, and I think also the UK, NZ etc, you can be a tall bastard, short bastard, fat bastard, rich bastard, etc. All friendly. But you never want to be known as "that bastard".
 - Ned Kelly
(Yesterday, 11:35 AM)DarkSelene Wrote: Can't say the C word in the forum? Even without any offensive context?

(Yesterday, 11:59 AM)DarkSelene Wrote: Clearly because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed.

...... As a man, I demand a word for male genitalia that is so utterly disgusting and degrading that it can't be said on a forum either!
I remember I used to think the f****t word meant coward instead of homosexual. I used it once in a forum and got moderated and a warning.
When Life starts throwing rocks at you, you don't just stand there do you?
(7 hours ago)MisterLonely Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:35 AM)DarkSelene Wrote: Can't say the C word in the forum? Even without any offensive context?

(Yesterday, 11:59 AM)DarkSelene Wrote: Clearly because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed.

...... As a man, I demand a word for male genitalia that is so utterly disgusting and degrading that it can't be said on a forum either!
I find the North American term "junk" a bit revolting.  However, I would never seek to ban it.
 - Ned Kelly
(10 hours ago)Richard_39 Wrote: Am I the only one who reads the word "America" somewhere and instantly the theme song from Team America World Police starts in my head?
"America....f* yeah!"
;-)

"Comin' again to save the motherf*in' day, Yeah!" Toungue Cool

I sometimes do, it's mostly meme driven things like poorly dressed and low hygiene Walmart shoppers for instance lmao. 'Merica!
[Image: LhOTIow.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now? Skorian 6,002 502,847 07-15-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: RubyMay
  Ever gone through an entire day thinking it was the wrong day of the week? Revengineer 54 19,158 02-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: TheLoadedDog
  I was thinking Rust 10 1,662 10-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Paraiyar
  How often do you shed a tear thinking about yourself or longing for something? LastingPain 26 5,313 09-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: jean-vic
  Positive Thinking 9006 33 15,786 02-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: wallflower79
  I'm thinking of getting a cell phone. johnny196775 31 11,562 12-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  Moving soon! Looking forward to positive thinking and self improvement! :) Tylor 6 8,780 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  I'm Thinking Of Creating A Thread Exclusive To Chess. What Do You Guys Think? LoneKiller 91 17,928 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: 9006
  Something crazy I've been thinking aobut lately. NEREVAR117 21 11,376 09-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Gutted
  Thinking of hosting a convention in Connecticut Sonic_95 26 12,351 01-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Mary Mary