Have You Considered Using Street Drugs To Combat Your Depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All.

By drugs I mean cocaine,marijuana, etc. When my depression got really bad years and years ago, I used drugs and alcohol to combat the symptoms. After a while though, they started contributing to my depression. I wouldn't recommend doing this. It's very temporary and becomes very unpleasant fast.

One can never be too certain that street drugs are 100% 'pure' without some paddy being added to it to stretch the drug baron's profits. And there are side effects with street drugs just as much as legal prescribed ones. Like one of addiction. I kicked Zoloft, never returned nor needed any further drug to combat my depression, but that is probably because my circumstances are far different and anyway, I'm a tough *****.

The other risk of street drugs is being caught in possession. A heavy fine, or/and imprisonment will not only make one very short of cash, but also quite a depressing outcome.

Sincerely, Anna Mouse

I became a hardcore base speed addict last year to try and help with my depression etc. I'd done all sorts of soft drugs over the years including MJ and Ecstacy. I stopped doing those years ago but speed was my one vice as I don't really drink and I always enjoyed it. Suffice to say, my extreme useage pretty much helped me along to a full blown psychotic depressive meltdown which even a year later, I still feel the odd reverberations from. The drug itself might not have been 100% responsible for my problems (I just had a really bad time of things in general and have underlying personal issues for years) but it certainly was a huge catalyst. And what I went through that fateful weekend around my birthday, I seriously would not wish on anyone. The most evil, frightening and utterly messed UP honeysuckle I've ever had the misfortune to experience. It put past depressive spells and troubles I had and the like in the shade 100 x over.

So yeah I can relate.

I got clean and sober at a young age for reasons.

I used to bar hop,
Chase women...etc.

Drug addictions and alcoholism
continues to effect me and my family.
Even perceptions drugs has many side effects
And consequences.
Our body dosnt distinguished between street
Drugs or prescibed drigs. An addict will tend
to get addicted or abuse the meds.

Its a challenge my fiance is face with.
She has serve anxiety and depressions

Im not anti to modern meds.
But ive been exposed to the destructions
Of drug abuse wheater they be legal or street drugs.
Amoints many other issues.

I've often thought about using amphetamines for weight-loss purposes.

Because it can really lessen your appetite and helps promote weight loss.

But I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I know you can get certain ADD meds from your GP if you ask, but I'm a bit scared.

-_-

I too had depression and anxity attack.

I continue to approach my challenges
Through psychology, sprituality and working on
Myself.
For the most part im not depressed,
Even as i continue to by my fiances side
As she fights her alcoholism and addictions.
It hasn't been easy and it seems to get from
Bad to worst.

I learn a lot of living tools and copping skills.
Im not a spiritual guru.

It actually had been a challenge for me.
Letting go of negative emotions and remaining
Transparent as alcoholism consumes my fiance.

I love her very much.
I feel sad sometimes....but its not the same as depression.

Taking victim B5 and B12. SAIANT JOHN WORT HAD HELP
MY MOODS.

I've thought about cannabis, but I dislike the thought of doing anything illegal. If it's ever legalized in my state, you best believe I'll be among the first in line to get a sample.

That being said, I tend to avoid any sort of drugs/medication in general. I basically deal with my depression by blubbering like an idiot, destroying things that won't get me sued for property damage, and eating and eating and eating. Or sometimes I purposefully tire myself out and sleep away my days. But drugs? Meh...you never know just what effect they'll have on you. And to me, that's scarier than being depressed. At least when I'm sober I can predict my own behavior. Losing control of a part of yourself, which is basically what mind altering substances do, is definitely a form of escape but it's also another problem unto itself imo.

I've never considered it, though I have used a concoction of something that came from the liquor store and something that came from the medicine aisle at the drug store. I wouldn't recommend that. I was knocked out on the couch for four days, and I didn't feel anything for that time.

I've never considered it, though I have used a concoction of something that came from the liquor store and something that came from the medicine aisle at the drug store. I wouldn't recommend that. I was knocked out on the couch for four days, and I didn't feel anything for that time. :club:

Lonesome Crow said:
I got clean and sober at a young age for reasons.

I used to bar hop,
Chase women...etc.

Drug addictions and alcoholism
continues to effect me and my family.
Even perceptions drugs has many side effects
And consequences.
Our body dosnt distinguished between street
Drugs or prescibed drigs. An addict will tend
to get addicted or abuse the meds.

Its a challenge my fiance is face with.
She has serve anxiety and depressions

Im not anti to modern meds.
But ive been exposed to the destructions
Of drug abuse wheater they be legal or street drugs.
Amoints many other issues.
Gratz on kicking your habits. It must have been very tough. Good for you Lonesome. I too have had my share of addictions. They're absolutely brutal. I admire your strength.

**For the record. I'm not suggesting that anyone try street drugs to solve their problems. I just meant that when you are suffering bad if you've considered employing rec drugs to help ease the pain. I am in know way suggesting that any of you buy or use them. I just wanted to make that clear.:)

I'm against drugs. I've always considered myself weird enough without them. Besides, my ex has been a drug to me. Artistic praise is a drug to me. I got a dependant personality, so drugs? Me? lol. Nope, bad idea.

Been depressed from time to time for a few years, but I refuse to add a problem of chemical dependance on top of the rest. To me, the best thing against depression is to keep regular habits with food/sleep/exercise; manage stress (not let it manage me); keep active physically and creatively; and write my thoughts/emotions in a journal. Oh, and learn new stuff from time to time. That's awesome too. Keeps the brain active, and your desire of accomplishment gets satisfied a little too.

I have not felt the urge to take up any herbs to make my life better, since they tend to put you in a vicious cycle. I've done well enough without booze, smokes of any kind, and going to carry on that way.

mr-t-back.jpg

Yes, and I've had good results. When I first realized I suffered bouts of clinical depression, I tried Prozac but had weight gain and sexual side effects. I've found that cannabis is a milder antidepressant and just as effective, and it's legal in my state for medical purposes. There are a lot of stereotypical potheads who give it a bad reputation just as there are alcoholics and people who abuse painkillers, but it's safe when used in moderation like any other drug. I bake rather than smoke.

PurpleDays said:
I've often thought about using amphetamines for weight-loss purposes.

Because it can really lessen your appetite and helps promote weight loss.

But I have absolutely no idea where to start.

I know you can get certain ADD meds from your GP if you ask, but I'm a bit scared.

-_-

Amphetamine (such as Adderall) is indeed excellent for weight loss, and given that it's prescribed to children for ADHD, it's generally considered safe when used at the correct dosage. However, coming off it will be unpleasant if you've used it regularly and it will ultimately be useless without a long-term change in dietary habits. It's not worth the trouble if you only need to lose 10 or 20 pounds. Now if it's a matter of being morbidly obese and resorting to disordered eating and bariatric surgery or using a common and safe pharmaceutical, I'd opt for the latter but the profitable diet industry in my country would disagree with that advice (and I'm not a doctor so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt). I personally dislike the jittery effects. It's often used in college as a study aid. It will help you stay awake and give you energy without mental and physical fatigue. It's such a popular drug that I wouldn't recommend asking a doctor for it directly, just describe the symptoms of ADHD and they may drug test you before prescribing it. People who have secured a legit prescription often sell it to people within their social network, discretely ask around at college or work to find them. If you're able to diet the good old fashioned way, willpower and better food choices plus exercise, I'd recommend just sticking with that and aiming for a realistic and positive self-image.

Alcohol, yes. But I never really enjoyed marijuana enough to buy it myself or use it for depression. Other than that, no.

Drugs is what got me in the hospital with major depression at age 17. I'm not saying only the drugs did it. I had problems tried to numb them out with drugs, all kinds, and alcohol. It just helped me get in deeper emotional problems.
2 years ago i was given oxycocet for back pain, i got hooked on that and ended up in major depression again.
It feels good in the moment, but in the long run, it ruins you.
I am now on anti depressants for life. i do what i can to be happy, thank god i have great friends, but sometimes i feel like i'm a burdon. so i stay away. But always find another way, like beeing here :)

Latest posts

Back