Is being ugly a problem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you feel ugly?

• yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

mimizu

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel ugly like me? I don't know why did I have to be born this way. I am so deformed. I don't even feel human.

I am indeed ugly....a very ugly one, so much so, everyone picks on me, my "friends", the bus driver, strangers, varsity cleaners, lecturers, tutors...and even god i guess.

I'm very ugly. I don't feel human either. I'm not deformed, I just don't appeal to anyone. I've never really been noticed by anyone.

I have felt very ugly at different points in my life.

At other times, I've felt beautiful!

I know that many, many, MANY people who are actually average or attractive think they are ugly! :-(

This seems to be the result of self-esteem, and not true ugliness. Please remember that TRUE ugly is INSIDE. Real beauty is inside, too!

Mimi, I've never seen you but I think you are lovely on the inside. You are a great, decent human and I care about you! And to me you will NEVER be ugly!!!

SadRabbit: even the bus driver?
lonelygirl: thank you for the kind words. It's not just "feeling ugly", it's a disorder, called BDD. It's very painful. I really hate myself for being such a deformed mutant. Why does it have to be me living inside of this disgusting body? I am sure that this is why I never got a kiss and never had any friends.

mimizu I have never heard of BDD be for so I looked it up. I think your very brave to be coping with that :)

Like lonelygirl said you come across as wonderfully beautiful caring person on the on hear.

I do think in some ways we get to know ppl better on the net cos where not being so superficial about things. Where allowed to act hewer self's with out fear on hear.

yes I feel ugly cos I have scars all over my body from operation's and have a back that's twisted all over cos my spine is like an "S" shape and some days cert bear to look at it. This is what scoliosis of the spine can do. And I walk with a limp cos I have one leg shorter then the other.

I dont think I'm ugly but I'm very insecure about other things in life. I fear failure, I get discouraged easily and I stress alot. I'm extremely insecure yet it has nothing to do with looks.

Mimi and Bluey,

You guys are very handsome to me!

I don't care about the spinal conditions or what have you.

Your true inner handsome quality shines through!

You are caring, kind, sensitive, and intelligent. You guys rock! Mimi, my sister has BDD. She is very pretty but feels very ugly. I know how painful that can be! Please remember, that your body is only your SHELL for your soul. It's just a husk. It is like a hermit crab's shell. Some might be more shiny or pretty, but the INSIDE is what is REAL!

Hugs hugs hugs!

It's dayd to day for me usually. Sometimes I feel hideous and other times I feel handsome. However, I tend to lean more to the "plain and ordinary" view of myself.

I have a curvature of the spine also, except it's kyphosis instead of scoliosis. X_X The only way for me to get rid of it is an operation.
I wish I could get a therapist, I've read that it helps a lot with BDD. I can't cope with this by myself... but we have no money for a therapist, and I can't get one through my medical insurance.

yea that's the same thing as I have basically. Sept my spine is a side words way where yours goes like a over way if you get me, that was not a very good way to explain it lol Do you have problems with your breathing then. cos I read somewhere with what you have that can be a common thing to get out of breath fast.

Well my spine is not the same shape as yours but I do have a bit of a hump on my right hand side. It also makes my right shoulder look moor prompt then my left.

It sucks I know, well it dose not not stop me from leaving the house as I don't suffer with BDD but I no longer go swimming as I feel to many ppl look at me. Its a lot moor obvious when your not wearing anything. So its stopped me from doing that.

Oh and thanks lonelygirl your to nice. Always makes me feel better reading your posts :) You still thinking of coming over to england. All buy you that drink ;)

I don't have a problem with breathing, but I run out of breath fast when I'm running. :p I don't know if it's because of kyphosis or just the lack of training.

I feel very ugly. It's de facto for me, the acne, the fat face, the overbite, the asymmetry. Yes, I am ugly.

Bluey, I'll raise a pint with you any time!

(I don't really drink, but I can take a few sips of Guiness or whatever you like!)

Mimi, you are a dear person. Please don't let this bring you down. I really, really wish that I could find you some counseling! If you don't have it covered by insurance, my suggestion is:

Go to your local church or synagogue. There are so many faith organizations that WANT TO HELP PEOPLE. Please, let them have the opportunity to help! Don't be shy! These people's JOBS are to find needs in the community and fill them!
I do believe they can offer counseling and support.

Zorg, it doesnt' MATTER if you have some physical problems or issues. I promise you, LOOKS DON'T MATTER!

I mean, yes, they do matter....to Society. But look at how screwed up the World is....do you REALLY trust our World to be good judges of character? They put into power people like OJ Simpson, not to mention certain presidents and prime ministers who clearly favor only the rich!

SadRabbit, if your bus driver picks on your appearance, he is a Class A LOSER! What kind of person has nothing better to do than go round criticizing other people? Now, that is the TRUE DEFINITION of a LOSER!!!!

People who go round putting others down, based solely or mainly on stupid things like appearances....they are the sort of people you wouldn't want as friends, now would you? Should you WASTE YOUR TIME on people like that? People with NO LIVES who have to put others down to make themselves feel better or superior?

I love you guys! Never, never, never let those bastards grind you down!

All buy you half a Guinness then and all stick with me BUD

Your a cheap date then lonelygirl lol my kinder girl ;)

Yea im very ugly, i'm extremely skinny, you can see my every bone, and my face is covered with acne that won't go away, and my nose is massive. People regularly make fun of my nose, calling it such deragitory things a "jew nose" for example, I don't know why I was made like this, bad genetics?

SadRabbit said:
Hahah yeah even the bus driver picks on me.

SADRABBIT is not ugly (according to me), but even if he was he's like the best person I know.. so he could look like a toad and i'm sure it wouldnt matter to anyone who is worth his time!

yea i feel not pretty most of the time.. but then there are days when I look in the mirrior and smile n just think.. dam you not half bad looking! lol. (once in a while.. but yea!)

n sadrabbit is not ugly!

Latest posts

Back