Something More

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
I absolutely hate Myspace and Facebook. I feel more left out than before. People are constantly making new friend through these site, while since I don't have many friend, and since I can't interact with other people, I just hate it.

I keep telling myself, there always next year. God I hope it not a misconception like this year of college.

No, I mean myspace and facebook makes people like us feel much worst.

They don't really make you friends, just lots of aquaintences but I'll admit it is fairly depressing, especially if you are only in 50 people top 5 or something, that just drags me down and I end up writing a really long blog about it that less than 200 people will ever read and comment on.

[heavy sarcasm towards the end of that by the way]

I completely agree, I joined them with the hope of making more friends but all it does is make me depressed because everyone else has a friends list that numbers in the hundreds. Add the fact that no one I'm friendly with is actually on Facebook and that completes my hatred of social networking sites!

i have 2..on myspace
facebook... 2 as well lol. (one is my sister..the other two are two different people..BOTH from this site lol. just realised that)

but i find those sites really lame.. what is there to do there?? they seem to have no point.. :/

wow.. i just checked my facebook.. facebook is so kool.. you should see the art on there.. some page told me something about my sis sending me something.. then superwall.then art.. it's really kool. k maybe..those site do have a point lol

lonelyloser said:
ThatOneGuy said:
If this was asked about 5-6 months ago, i would have said yes, you can make great friends online and use it to somewhat satify your social needs. Now, i don't think so.

I use to be heavy into Myspace back then. I had tons of friends who i actually talked regularly to. There were several people who i would have considered "friends" back then. Now, not so much. I lost contact with 90% of them and the other 10% i have to initiate the contact or I would never hear from them.

Facebook i have a bunch of people that i never talked to in high school and continue the tradition on Facebook. It does kinda hurt to see pictures of parties and social events. Its pretty much high school all over again.

So my answer would be no. It will work temporarily but in the long run, you probably made and lost more friends that way.

Agreed. Facebook is GREAT if you're very popular because it makes you feel even better about yourself - look, I have tons of friends and I'm doing so well in my school/career, I'm so special! But if you don't have a lotta friends it makes you feel shitty.

Yeah I agree with all this pretty much... though the only people I really want to have stuff on Facebook for are my family members that I don't often see... I can put pictures up so they see that I'm alive and well. As far as social life... perhaps to make friends, [or catch up with past acquaintances] but in the long run I don't think the relationships can last unless they move to offline as well... even then some of those relationships don't last either unless nurtured... such is life :(

(Taken from the "Can the internet satisfy your social needs" thread)
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=1856

Qui said:
mimizu said:
I have only 500 friends on myspace. It sucks. :(

I have 54. At least half are bands. Deal.

hA hA
I had 37... haven't checked the number in awhile tho... a few of those are people I have never met... they are related to some other people I'm acquainted with in one way or another. And about 20 are related to me. Think a couple people I vaguely remember from high school just added me. I just want to see all the Superpoke levels, then I'll probably stop logging into it at all. With myspace I just signed up and never logged into again... maybe I'll go check that now.

I talk to my friends from school. We're too lazy to use a telephone. Or walk 7-8 blocks to see eachother in person. But at 3 in the morning that's not really practical anyway. I also talk to my friend who went off the college. That's why I got it in the first place.

Chris 2 said:
I just delete both my facebook and myspace:(

Am thinking of deleting my facebook for the same reason as yourself.

I have not had it long and I have not got many ppl on there and the ppl I have got on there don't ever say much any way. I think the only reason they added me is cos there friends with my cousin who got me to make an account in the first place. The only thing that facebook has done for me is show me and all the world that I truly don't have any friends.

At first I thought it would be good cos at least in facebook you would be making friends with ppl that you may actually get to go out and do stuff together with. But they might as well be on the other side of the world as well. Its like if you haven't got that circle of friends then forget it cos no one is letting any one new in.

I think of facebook as a kind of entertainment. That's it. The problem with it is that it's made of of parts of "people's live's", pictures and likes and dislikes and all that stuff. If I think about it as being real, then I can get obsessed about why I'm not so popular, why I'm not having a great big fat party all the time. But really I can turn it off when I shut the browser window. It has very little real effect on my life. There's more important things to worry about, like what I'm going to eat for breakfast, or when I'm going to get some new pants because my old ones are worn out.

Honestly I hate myspace and facebook too. Sometimes I like to imagine that everytime someone says Thanks for the add!!!!!1 There is a Screech and Sound of glass shattering! You should be thankful you don't have a myspace stalker!

HiddenHydey said:
They don't really make you friends, just lots of aquaintences but I'll admit it is fairly depressing, especially if you are only in 50 people top 5 or something, that just drags me down and I end up writing a really long blog about it that less than 200 people will ever read and comment on.

[heavy sarcasm towards the end of that by the way]

Myspace & Facebook are just the illusion of being popular. I have 22 friends on myspace, 0 on facebook. My friends have hundreds, and even thousands of friends on their accounts, but you know what? They probably only know about 150 of those "friends". most of them have added comedians, bands, actors, clothing brands, etc...
it's a game of who can pretend to have the most friends, and who can appear the coolest on the internet. I just use mine to talk to my childhood friends. It was a good way to rebuild lost friendships. I have to admit, i did have a good time decorating my page. :D

Qui said:
I was joking... I really have 28, of which 8 are bands, and the others are random people I never talk to. I only talk to 4 of them. -_-

mimizu said:
Qui said:
I was joking... I really have 28, of which 8 are bands, and the others are random people I never talk to. I only talk to 4 of them. -_-

add me, since you talk to me =D

haha oh well, social networking sites are like these. Come to admit it, they are almost an identical image of my life. I know like 100s of people (though i don't really have that much on facebook....lol can't really be bothered to find every single one that i know and add them), and none of them are really close to me. Just that i know them and they know me.

Latest posts

Back