R.I.P. LoneKiller's Coffee Maker

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
The ol' girl worked real hard for me. She would have been 4yo in 2 weeks. This is such a terrible blow. I know there are plenty of other coffee makers out there, but not like this one. She will be sorely, sorley, missed.:(

It would be nice if they gave some warning. Instead it is morning and no coffee.

Here have a cup

coffee-mug.jpg

Sorry to read about your loss. She was no good for you anyway she served you that evil caffeine everyday.

Wow, that's got to be devastating, like an earthquake and a tsunami all in one day. :(

[video=youtube] [/video]

"Sweetcheeks"? Really? Could you be more condescending? Wow.

Nobody's forcing me to look at a car crash either, but when it pops up right in front of me I just can't take my eyes off it.

Equinox said:
"Sweetcheeks"? Really? Could you be more condescending? Wow.

Nobody's forcing me to look at a car crash either, but when it pops up right in front of me I just can't take my eyes off it.
At a car crash do you walk over and start provoking the victims to get a rise out of them?

Here's a video to enjoy, this thread reminded me of it.

[video=youtube] [/video]

I'll honour Eve's command and withhold the reply I was just about to make. Too bad, because it was a good one. ;)

[video=youtube]

LK I'm sorry your coffee machine died on you. :( Losing one's machine is like losing an old friend. But is good reason to get another, and ours is a red chicken.

redchicken.jpg

That's a shame. I'm slightly prone to getting far to attached to inanimate objects myself. When my crappy old video recorder finally packed in after many years of faithful service I seriously considered burying it in the garden.

Mouse said:
LK I'm sorry your coffee machine died on you. :( Losing one's machine is like losing an old friend. But is good reason to get another, and ours is a red chicken.

redchicken.jpg

That is one stinking cute coffee maker!

Mouse said:

redchicken.jpg

Holy honeysuckle!! That coffee maker is for real?

It's for real alright. It's a NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto by Krups KP210640. I bought it from Amazon a year ago, but for half price. Amazon do the best buys because their buying power is enormous. It takes coffee pods. What I like is the pods are sealed plastic and no mess in the sink afterwards and the coffee hit is fresh every time. Just bung the pod in the bin when finished.

We pay £3.68 for 16 pods of "Barista Espresso", down as low as £3.45 for other flavours. Don't confuse it with the Nespresso system that uses thimble-sized pods - much more expensive!

The Dolce Gusto machine also comes in black, pink and white.

You'll need to use filtered water to avoid limescale buildup. I've only had to de-scale it once. I also like the cafetiere 'plunger' type to make coffee or, if I feel like a lazy bum I'll just make coffee in a jug.

The coffee machine is great. The cheaper you buy it for, the cheaper the cuppa per hit. That's why I never buy expensive machines. be warned though these Nestle pods are also very addictive. I've just necked my 3rd espresso. I'm well lit. :p

I like it :)

LoneKiller get a chicken one.

Latest posts

Back