How Do You Combat Stress?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
This is what works for me:

1. Kicking my heavy bag until my legs are like jello.
2. Heavy doses of "Hell's Kitchen" (You'd be amazed at how effective watching him yell at others is in cheering you up.)
3. Playing chess.

Running- (2 miles daily) 4 miles takes the stress off. and or cleaning, I'm talking OCD! my floors sparkle!
.....Shopping .
Writing in my journal..
Meditation.
....and well, sex. (sorry folks!)

OMG Princess,
you are right sex must be number one on my list, but only with the right person
-listen to loud music and sing along until i loose my voice
-sit in the woods, alone, long enough to become one with nature
-dancing

Force myself to tackle a home improvement task or build something. It's amazing how painting a room can change the attitude for awhile.

......been getting lots of those small tasks accomplished lately.

whispers said:
OMG Princess,
you are right sex must be number one on my list, but only with the right person
-listen to loud music and sing along until i loose my voice
-sit in the woods, alone, long enough to become one with nature
-dancing
You two are making those of us who aren't getting any jealous.:p

Lol @ Princess but true also for me. I also go for a walk in gentle rain or sit on the beach watching the tide. Or sit in a church, though am not religious feel there's some kind of peace there.

Or go beach fishing. Love beach fishing. Being close to the water refreshes my mind. Or I write; another great de-stresser. I used to work out in the home gym, but since starting a new career in landscape gardening I already have enough exercise.

Anna Mouse

If it's really bad, taking it out on the punching bag helps. Generally, good music and just R&R help deal with the worst of it.

I will go for a drive somewhere that I can go super fast, that always helps.
Take a really hot bubble bath
Go lay down in my room that is pitch black with no noise and just listen to the quiet

I'm still trying to get a handle on that. Depending on what it is I get mad and yell or kick something or let it build up until it overwhelms me.

I go to the gym, clean, or bake. LoL. Usually I appreciate the first and second option most, my family appreciates the third one!

I listen to relaxing music, read a book, walk outside in the fresh air, cleaning (yes, it's very therapeutic, lol!), eating something yummy, drink a warm tea, or just chilling without doing anything. :>

A few years ago I found an old shack out deep in the forest about 1 hours walk from where I live, It's really old and nobody has used it for years. If I ever get really stressed I just grab my axe, go to the shack and unleash pure hell on it.

Works like a treat :)

Drink, go for a walk, take a nap, listen to music. If it's at the end of the day, I just sleep it off and depending on what it is, I usually feel better by morning.

Pezza said:
A few years ago I found an old shack out deep in the forest about 1 hours walk from where I live, It's really old and nobody has used it for years. If I ever get really stressed I just grab my axe, go to the shack and unleash pure hell on it.

Works like a treat :)

Not going to lie, that sounds like a lot of fun!

I wear a "breastplate of armour".
No actually stress wins every day. That is why I come on forums like this. To get rid of it.

I hit myself when I find the time.
Ever tried punching yourself in the face?
Man that really works. Once I gave myself a black eye.
It was a good wake up call. But explaining it at work was the problem.

Latest posts

Back