How to not care about others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan203

Reaction score
Alright I know life is much better when we don't bother the people we don't care about. Let them say what they want, let them think what they want, don't care how bad it is, or whether they're badmouthing us in our back. But sometimes it's not that easy to just not care.

Also, sometimes I do bother what people around me are thinking, even when I don't know them at all, or probably I won't see them anytime again in life. How do I change this habit?

I usually like being alone in church, cause when there are other people around, it doesn't feels so free to pray. Sometimes I wonder what would others be thinking looking at me, and the way I pray (it's different. i hold my praying copies near to my chest around my arms, while praying).

How do I stop totally caring about others??

Thanks!

Good question, haven't figured that one out yet. I've heard things like, they don't know you so don't worry about it, or, you don't know them so why let what they say get to you. True, but it's so hard when people who don't know you say mean things. Why? It's bothersome. Or when people demean how others feel or when something people say bother them. I've experienced that recently, and it really aggravated me to the point where I lost respect for those I used to respect. Also made me agitated at others who belittled it, when people do that it paints a negative picture of them. So next time I see them talk about something that bothers them, I'll probably care a little less. So I guess that's how you don't care about what is said about it, is to not care about the person who says it.

Yeah now a days this is what I speak to myself, when I get to know that others are talking bad/false about me, that let them speak whatever they want, but it's not true cause they don't know me or the real truth, so whatever they think or speak about me, is not fair at all, no matter it's good or bad, cause they are nobody to judge me without knowing me or everything that happened (in case of some issues). So I don't bother knowing they're speaking good or bad. Either way, they are just assuming.

But I still need to work on the fact that I am concerned what people nearby are thinking about me by what I'm doing the very moment.

Latest posts

Back