Alone with no friends once again...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyS13

Reaction score
It seems like everyone I make friends with leaves me. Whenever I make friends (which is rarely), in the end they always leave me by no longer having the desire to spend time with me, to ignore me and stop talking to me, or do something to hurt me.

I've never had a real friend. To me, a real friend is someone to spend time with on a regular basis, someone who will help you through the worst parts of life, and someone who will actually take the time to talk to you. I've never had any of that without the person backstabbing me in the end.

This has been going on ever since I started school, which is usually when most people start to make friends. It's a painful and never-ending cycle for me: people come to you, then when they're sick of you, they just throw you out.

I hope this post doesn't go unnoticed and ignored. People tend to ignore things I say and act like I don't exist. Right now is a dire time for help.

Can anyone give me advice on how I can change my life? And this depression?

Hi Anthony, I am so sorry that you are going through such a bad time. I am not sure what advice I can give you other than to say that you are not being ignored or unnoticed here. You may not have friends offline but you will find plenty on here.
I agree that a true friend should help you through the worst times. Picking each other up and encouraging each other is a massive part of friendship. Meeting regularly at other times is, to me, of lesser importance as people often have jobs, studies, and other commitments, so I wouldn't take it the wrong way if someone can't meet up as often as you may wish to. Having friends either move on and drop you or stab you in the back is, sadly, par for the course with a lot of people. But those sort of people were never worthy of your friendship in the first place and you are well rid of them, though I know this is no consolation when you are feeling so hurt and alone. There are people out there who are not back stabbers and who will not walk out when you need them. They may be hard to find, but they do exist.

anthonyS13 said:
It seems like everyone I make friends with leaves me. Whenever I make friends (which is rarely), in the end they always leave me by no longer having the desire to spend time with me, to ignore me and stop talking to me, or do something to hurt me.

I've never had a real friend. To me, a real friend is someone to spend time with on a regular basis, someone who will help you through the worst parts of life, and someone who will actually take the time to talk to you. I've never had any of that without the person backstabbing me in the end.

This has been going on ever since I started school, which is usually when most people start to make friends. It's a painful and never-ending cycle for me: people come to you, then when they're sick of you, they just throw you out.

I hope this post doesn't go unnoticed and ignored. People tend to ignore things I say and act like I don't exist. Right now is a dire time for help.

Why are all of them getting sick of you? Sometimes people ignore new friends because they aren't being as outgoing. Real friends are rare, they come in time and patience.

Ak5 said:
anthonyS13 said:

Why are all of them getting sick of you? Sometimes people ignore new friends because they aren't being as outgoing. Real friends are rare, they come in time and patience.

I just repel people for some reason. If I have no friends, how am I supposed to get a girlfriend if I have nothing?

Anthony,
I do understand how you feel, I go through this lots (because of my sickness) people don't understand me, actually for most part it is ME who pushes the relationships away, when things get to close for comfort, I take flight! I am scared of getting hurt, so before they hurt me, I just drop them, and go on my way.

It's not always that people don't like you, or try to hurt you, maybe they can see you are depressed? and they do not know how to handle that, so they move away from a friendship with you.

I feel I am more attracted to the 'happy' folks. people who are in the middle of 'the busy' life. I like the high life.. and I can only assume that is what most folks would be drawn to.

When I see or talk to a person who is depressed, upset, angry, or really sad, I give a hug, even a kiss.. but I am gone, I cant surround myself around that behavior for too long, or it will take hold to me too..
remember the honey gets the bees.... not sour lemons.
just like in life.
huggs
xoxo

Hi there~

Just wanted to reiterate...you are not ignored.

I am tired now and don't have any more to add than the great posts already here. : )

Don't give up. (I am sorry it's a cold, dreary day and I have low energy right now).

We care.

Can you elaborate please?

I don't want to get the wrong idea, but I really don't believe that you "repel" people per say. Maybe you aren't as outgoing and can't get past the acquaintance stage?

Ak5 said:
Can you elaborate please?

I don't want to get the wrong idea, but I really don't believe that you "repel" people per say. Maybe you aren't as outgoing and can't get past the acquaintance stage?

It's because I'm not that outgoing. People only want to hang around the cool, funny people and I'm just not one of them. That's what I believe is the reason. And I stutter a lot in front of people, regardless of how much I've known them.

The only way you can be more outgoing is by doing it, over and over again; until you get the hang of it.

You gotta work at it. :)

Ak5 said:
The only way you can be more outgoing is by doing it, over and over again; until you get the hang of it.

You gotta work at it. :)

How can I do that? What are ways I can be outgoing? I'm scared of trying to be outgoing and not knowing how.

This sounds EXACTLY how I feel. SERIOUSLY. It's like we share the same heart or something. I can never have any friends either. They always end up leaving, or stop talking to me for some reason.Sometimes I'll try to get back with them, but it never ever works out. I haven't had any friends in over 5 years. It sucks, but you learn to deal.

anthonyS13 said:

The same exact thing happens to me. It doesn't sound like depression, but I know bullshit like that can definitely lead to depression,and depression just doesn't go away. It's like...a cloud over your head that comes and goes,and then you become somewhat attached to the cloud sometimes and then sometimes you wonder if you ever *want* to feel good again. It's very confusing and thinking about it gets me feeling sick sometimes. This bullshit is what got me on my "anti-social" phase. Now, I'm just lonely, but not exactly anti-social. I want to make friends, but now I'm confused as hell. I don't know whether I want to just stay alone forever or actually try again...It seems like the more I try...The more I get hurt.
As far as maintaining steady relationships...It might not even be you, but it could be them. I've always wondered why people do that...I swear I feel so forsaken sometimes.

Latest posts

Back