Is Sex Overrated? (Seriously)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Greetings all.:)

Personally, I think that sex is overrated. There are so many people out there that talk about often they engage, how hot the woman/man was, how long they can last in bed. To me, society has built up sex to be some kind of activity that rivals all others.

Teenagers are constantly being pressured by peers to have sex or be laughed at because they are a virgin. I dunno, maybe I'm just being bitter because I haven't had any in a while, but I still think that it is overrated.

Godspeed.
LoneKiller

LoneKiller said:
There are so many people out there that talk about often they engage, how hot the woman/man was, how long they can last in bed.

If that is their only concern then they’re missing the point of it, or at least, have different priorities.

Sex to me represents an emotional bond between two individuals and something as significant as that can never be overrated.

That’s just me though, others obviously differ.

From how I'm feeling, it ain't overrated. It's basically the number one thing I think about every day.

I've never really "wanted" to talk to girls and be more close to them per say, now it's one of my goal's.

And hey, it ain't peer pressure cause I don't have any friends. :p

Lost Drifter said:
LoneKiller said:
There are so many people out there that talk about often they engage, how hot the woman/man was, how long they can last in bed.

If that is their only concern then they’re missing the point of it, or at least, have different priorities.

Sex to me represents an emotional bond between two individuals and something as significant as that can never be overrated.

^That.

Teenagers don't realize that either. Some just think it's fun to do and as long as they get some who cares.

LOL AK5 it's called hormones, and just you wait you'll experience peer pressure soon enough.

Peer pressure won't bother me, if I want to do it. :p The want to do it is also one of my drives that makes me "be more social".

Although it's a top priority to get some ASAP, I try not to fret too much about it; I still got years of High School and College ahead of me!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter at what age you lose your virginity.

The bad thing about hormones is that they seem to build up if my girl-related insanity is anything to go by :rolleyes:

I'll be 21 in three months. I don't think I mind being a virgin much at all, but being kissless, proper cuddle-less and clueless with relationships on the other hand is a bit worrying at that age.

Sorry, kind of a lame response. I obviously cannot answer the OP myself, I look forward to other replies with interest :p

Edit - Yeah, I'd just be a bit careful with the attitude of "getting some" AK. You're a decent chap, the last thing you want to do is rush into having sex for all the wrong reasons (/lecturinginexperiencedtwitmodeoff ;) )

LOL Sci-Fi.

And to Solitary: I know.

It'd be stupid of me to do it, with any random girl. But, it'll also be stupid of me to having the opportunity to do so with a girl I like, and then decide not to.

It's a top priority, but I wouldn't be bothered if I don't find any girl I'm comfortable with.

Sci-Fi said:
Lost Drifter said:

^That.

Teenagers don't realize that either. Some just think it's fun to do and as long as they get some who cares.

Well, so what about that? All sex really is, is some stupid evolutionary instinct like just about everything else we do. It really is nothing special.

I'm not going to bother with a lengthy rebuttal but if that's your opinion of sex than you're doing something wrong.

Yes - For a mental, emotional, psychological, and metaphysical bond and connection with someone, I would give it up for the rest of my life.

Is Sex Overrated?

It revolts me how people think sex is the only true meaning and incentive of a romantic relationship. That is where it becomes severely overrated.

A lot of people think that if you don't have sex with someone its not a relationship.

I kept telling a person I loved them, when in the end they said to me " I feel as though we are becoming friends again" and I instantly got the feeling it was because of a declination of sexual activities between us. I told them "I don't feel we are becoming friends, it must just be you."

At the end of that conversation I left them, and paced the entire night in my room, upset over the fact that I had to let go of them. (They kept leading me on so I decided it was time to leave). I kept thinking of them the next day, depressed, sad, going over and over in my head stuff I had said to them and they had said to me.

I dunno.

I'm okay now. I'm not sad anymore.

Its what you make of it.
Have sex with my fiancee all the time.
Theres plenty of love, bonding and romance.
Were both sexually experinces.
Shes also very sexy by nature.
She totally truns me beyond sex.
I get her off. She has multiple orgasim as i do.
Its not overrated with her.

We dont have sexual hang up or sexual guilt. We have challenges in out relationship.
Were still together, so theres lots of love between us.
So the notion that just becuase were very sexual
Mean that we are shallow is null...

Sex is not overrated if you're doing it with the right person (or people). I think sex as a status symbol or bragging right is a bunch of bullshit, but if you're a sexual person and you find someone who's really compatible in all sorts of good ways, it's so gratifying even if you never have sex ever again.

One thing can never be overrated if it's done out of love and affection for each other, with the person you feel so strongly and care for, with the person that you are willing to give not only a night or a minute of your time for shared pleasure but the willingness to give your care, understanding, companionship, affection and most of all, friendship. Then it'll be a special moment for the both of you and it won't be anybody's business other than your own.

For what it has become to most people now, brought about by our supposedly human vulnerability to need to have sex, then I still think it is not overrated. Our wanting, our being so weak to explore ourselves and our capacity to more than pleasure seeking individuals make us over use things or concept to the point of spoiling them and making them become as what you have said...''overrated''

It is us, but not the act. It's how we act it, it's how we act towards it that has made it seem overrated....if those made sense.

Latest posts

Back