Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
This forum has more than it's share of "Gamers:, so I thought that I'd create a thread with respect to member's latest gaming adventures. Just completed a game recently? Found a glitch? Bought a new title? Post it all here. I'll begin.

I've spent the last little while level grinding in "Breath Of Fire IV". I'm almost
maxed out and am only on Chapter II!:cool:

I was replaying Tomb Raider Underworld...after play a game like Arkham City the controls and mechanics and glitches in TRU were pissing me off royally. Lara would get stuck in the environment, I'd have to fire her guns and get her to do a back flip to get unstuck. One level I crashed her motorcycle on a lower level, landed hard but it didn't kill me, but the impact knocked the sound out of the game!! Then while climbing a tall rotating tower she kept turning invisible. That made it very hard to navigate, especially when having to climb back down.

Bought Dragon Age II on sale for 15 bucks. I heard it wasn't as good as the first one, so I didn't rush to buy it. I have to admit though, I really like the game. It seems to lack a fluid story or purpose as you go. There's little connection to the first game, it feels more like a whole new game than a sequel. You're basically this character who lives out his days/years helping people. What I have always like about the Dragon Age games is the banter between the people in your party. They chat amongst themselves as you travel, their conversations are very amusing at times.

SWTOR isn't working for me. It closes out. Still trying to find the issue. :club:

LoneKiller said:
Downloaded "Dragon Warrior VII". Never played it before. Hope it's good.

Let me know what you think of it. I’m a HUGE Dragon Warrior/Quest fan and worked on the development team for Dragon Quest VIII, they are probably my favourite series of all time.

Lost Drifter said:
LoneKiller said:
Downloaded "Dragon Warrior VII". Never played it before. Hope it's good.

Let me know what you think of it. I’m a HUGE Dragon Warrior/Quest fan and worked on the development team for Dragon Quest VIII, they are probably my favourite series of all time.
"Dragon Quest VIII"?!
I love that game! My favorite area is "Howlwind Hill":D

LoneKiller said:
This forum has more than it's share of "Gamers:, so I thought that I'd create a thread with respect to member's latest gaming adventures. Just completed a game recently? Found a glitch? Bought a new title? Post it all here. I'll begin.

I've spent the last little while level grinding in "Breath Of Fire IV". I'm almost

I wanted to try the "Breath of Fires" for a while now... I like the name :)

My fear is that they're too time consuming...

Anyways, my 2 biggest accomplishments I had in my vacations were getting TT in Diddy Kong's racing and beating Mario Kart. 2 debts from the past.

Felix said:
LoneKiller said:

Anyways, my 2 biggest accomplishments I had in my vacations were getting TT in Diddy Kong's racing and beating Mario Kart. 2 debts from the past.
Hey Felix.:)
The "Breath Of Fire" titles are only as time consuming as you make them.
The biggest reason I used so much time was due to tons of hours fishing and level grinding. The series doesn't have the best graphics compared to some rpg's, but more than makes up for it with gameplay, story, and just plain ol' fashioned classic gaming. I highly recommend trying them. You won't be disappointed.

Sad thing is, they can be hard to find for sale at places like GameStop, unless you get them online I guess.

LoneKiller said:
Felix said:
LoneKiller said:

The biggest reason I used so much time was due to tons of hours fishing and level grinding. The series doesn't have the best graphics compared to some rpg's, but more than makes up for it with gameplay, story, and just plain ol' fashioned classic gaming. I highly recommend trying them. You won't be disappointed.

Sad thing is, they can be hard to find for sale at places like GameStop, unless you get them online I guess.

Sounds just right for me LoneKiller. I'd better wait 'til my one week vacation to get started... I get quite excited with this things!

Felix said:
LoneKiller said:
Felix said:
LoneKiller said:

Sounds just right for me LoneKiller. I'd better wait 'til my one week vacation to get started... I get quite excited with this things!
I get excited as well. I love these kinds of games.

There's a rather annoying glitch on the night mission "Blackout" in H.A.W.X. 2 where landing your plane at the airfield does not initiate the cut scene to rearm your plane. So you'll have to take off with half a runway and land again until it works.

i have been playing Dante's inferno, its a pretty good hack and slash if it would have came out the same time as god of war did i think this one would be bigger then god of war

Decided to put "Dragon Warrior VII" on the back burner for a while. I decided to play "DW IV" for the nes. I'll tell ya, this old school title really makes you appreciate some of the features of today's rpgs. No way to tell how many points you need to reach the next level, enemies attack almost every step you take, no save zones inside dungeons, none of today's rpgs conveniences.

Played Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! It is a total rip off, if you want to play it either rent it or wait until it goes on sale dirt cheap. It isn't worth full price. I usually explore levels to find all the collection pieces and still finished this game in about 8 hours. Extremely disappointed. Even playing it on Casual (easiest mode) it was still annoying and difficult at times bombarding you with zombies with little to no health units around, or anti viral sprays. This is not a game for people who play offline. It is more set up for online gaming with more options and playable content.

Sci-Fi said:
Played Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! It is a total rip off, if you want to play it either rent it or wait until it goes on sale dirt cheap. It isn't worth full price. I usually explore levels to find all the collection pieces and still finished this game in about 8 hours. Extremely disappointed. Even playing it on Casual (easiest mode) it was still annoying and difficult at times bombarding you with zombies with little to no health units around, or anti viral sprays. This is not a game for people who play offline. It is more set up for online gaming with more options and playable content.
That is too bad. I was kind of hopeful for the game. None the less thank you for the heads up Sci-fi.

Sci-Fi said:

:( dang I love the Resident Evil Games

I loved RE5 it was awesome, that's why I bought this game. The AI is ridiculously stupid as well, you're in a 4 man team and the other 3 run into walls, try to shoot through walls, run away from you when you try to heal them, constantly run into things they shouldn't like fire and setting themselves aflame then dying, or get stuck on objects.

The only good thing, you can run and shoot.

the resident evil series has become too action oriented for me. i liked it better when it was more survival horror. i have only played 1-5, not any of the side games like code veronica or resident evil 0. to me 5 wasnt scary at all. and im kind of over only being able to shoot while holding the L trigger down and walking like -3 miles an hour. if they are going to make it more action and less survival horror they could atleast give us better mobility. i still like the story though and will play 6 when it comes out. though ill be renting it rather than buying it.

Latest posts

Back