Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"
(01-26-2017, 11:31 PM)ardour Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 10:00 PM)Skyless Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 03:44 PM)ardour Wrote: I've Been playing the Witcher 3 on and off for almost a year now...practically forcing myself to complete it now.  The better parts of the gameplay boils down to running from one quest marker/ cut-scene to the next and making sometimes interesting morally ambiguous dialogue choices, just like the previous game, but now open world and less compelling for it. It's hard to put a finger on what it is;  a lot of old RPGs were lacking in areas as well, yet I still enjoyed them. Maybe it's the muddy environments, or the main story and sidequests  which involve a lot of social realism that isn't typical for the genre, and maybe I'd rather just watch Game of Thrones for that. This game was supposed to buck the dumbing-down trend in AAA  titles but I can't see how it does that either.

Oaahhh I haven't even unwrapped my Witcher 3 yet Sad

That's ok, I know how to deal with pesky objective honest opinions and reality when it comes knocking Toungue

[Image: tumblr_ma2l4hkMfJ1ryatpyo1_500.gif]

To be honest I'm probably looking things to criticize since the atmosphere and world aren't my thing... 

Of course many people liked it, or at least have respect for what CD Projekt did with it, including old school cRPG fans. Give it go, the Bloody Baron quest is worth it.

Hehe, you are allowed to not like something for any reason, I don't just like to hear things I want to be true, despite what the messing around above implies Wink I'll probably give it a shot when I have more time for something like that, my brother keeps sending me the original novels the series comes from, so I think I would like the world and lore. I really like that company, they show an extremely rare level of respect to their fans consistently with the free DLC, refusal to use anti piracy software and general openness and attention to detail. I defenitley don't mind supporting that on its own.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried Toungue
They seem to have improved upon the main game with the DLC (the main game's narrative is kind of dull and heavily derivative of an iconic JRPG I won't mention).
I've been playing as Byzantium in Crusader Kings II. Need to pull back on my plans to expand into all of Italy for a while, I'm getting military coalitions against me for all the invading I've done.
(01-27-2017, 01:43 PM)Paraiyar Wrote: I've been playing as Byzantium in Crusader Kings II. Need to pull back on my plans to expand into all of Italy for a while, I'm getting military coalitions against me for all the invading I've done.

I can't get into crusader kings 2.  Since they made something that was accessible without dlc now I need dlc for it.  Talking about the earlier time period.
I am completely disgusted with WB Games. I play the DC Legends app game on my Samsung device, which is powered by Android, since the daily restart and a game update was launched on Sept 29th the game has consistently given certain Android uses an "Out of Sync" message. Something was done in the last update that bugged the game for some users which seems to be spreading to more. Their "help and support" has been pitiful, almost non existent. There was one day I was actually able to play the game before it started to act up again. It doesn't seem like they know or really care what is causing the issue. Responses to tickets take days for a reply and it is with little information or hope that they are actively trying to find and fix the issue. It is disgusting that a game is run in such a way, no customer care, they just want to take your money and too bad so sad for you if you can't play their game.
/rant
Finally got back into Overwatch and realized that no, I still cannot aim or steer.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
I recently tried Amnesia: Dark Descent for the first time. I so wanted to love it and then gloat in how cool it was of me to like something that only cool people like.

Sadly, I found out I am not at all cool, because I got bored pretty quickly. Thanks for finding a new way to wound my self-esteem, video games.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What video game are you currently playing ? Cataplasme 248 30,842 10-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: DanMann
  Life is Strange HoodedMonk 10 2,220 10-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Maurice
  Post An Image Of Your Favorite Video Game Character LoneKiller 57 13,602 10-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Omnione
  Your Favorite Game of All Time? Ikarmue 89 16,163 10-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Elyseon
  Scariest game you have ever seen or watched? Ikarmue 27 5,549 08-25-2017, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Meaw
  Game Giveaway VanillaCreme 12 5,113 03-12-2017, 04:33 AM
Last Post: AmytheTemperamental
  Any game devs here? Garrett 1 1,224 11-13-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: el Jay
  Reccomend Me An Indie Game Urban Outlaw 4 2,306 08-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: BreakingtheGirl
  My game theroy BadgeFTW 6 2,035 03-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Hairmonster12
  Christmasy Game Music Christina Sarah 2 1,578 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Christina Sarah