Is There A Way To Delete Stored E-Mails?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.:)

Is there a way to delete stored e-mail in "Windows Mail"? I've used resgistry cleaners such as "C Cleaner", but I'm not sure if it removes stored e-mails.
99% of the time, after I read an e-mail, I delete it permanently. It has offered to compact my e-mails, which seems to indicate that there is a bunch of old ones that no longer matter to me.

Is there some way to delete all stored messages?

Thank you for viewing.:)

P.S. I'm using "Vista" with the standard "Windows Mail".

Godspeed.
LK

Hi,

I suggest you the easiest way to delete an email from Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express:

1. Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu.
2. In Windows Live Mail, hold down the Alt key if you cannot see the menu bar.
3. In Outlook Express and Windows Mail, go to the Mail tab.
4. Highlight the account you want to delete.
5. Click Remove.
6. Click Yes.
7. Now click Close.

Thanks

LOL A helpful spammer.

There is always something left behind on your computer. I'm not sure with Windows Mail or Vista. My suggestion would be to use something other than Windows Mail and Vista :D

In all seriousness, when you delete emails some will go to the trash bin instead of actually getting deleted. Maybe your mails are getting stored in there. Do you keep some old emails? It might just be asking about them.

Sci-Fi said:
LOL A helpful spammer.

There is always something left behind on your computer. I'm not sure with Windows Mail or Vista. My suggestion would be to use something other than Windows Mail and Vista :D

In all seriousness, when you delete emails some will go to the trash bin instead of actually getting deleted. Maybe your mails are getting stored in there. Do you keep some old emails? It might just be asking about them.
Hi Sci-Fi.:) I wouldn't care if it was the resurrected Saddam Hussein who helped me figure this out. It's all help.:p

For Outlook it looks like it is to remove the email account and not just stored email.

It is not clear to me but if you are basing this on the mail client offering to compact your email when you exit the program and from that assume that you have emails somewhere that you don't know about, you may be wasting your time trying to delete these mails again.

That function doesn't really compact emails, it compacts the mail database index file.

Every time you receive a mail it is indexed in the database. When you delete that mail it leaves an empty spot where that index record was. That compact function compacts the index file by removing those empty spaces speeding up the reading of the index file.

dbx files repair lost messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders damaged by virus attacks, power failures or incorrect operations made by applications and especially antivirus software, etc. Program restores .dbx files up to 4GB, it is compatible with files of any version of Outlook Express. You may watch tool in hand.

Latest posts

Back