Mobile phone contact list

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
How many people have you got on there ?

I have 5, my brother and 4 women.

I do know loads of other people but they never offer me their numbers and it seems rude to ask.

0 for me too.

I own a cell phone but it’s nothing more an a pocket alarm clock. No-one to call, no-one to get calls from! A few months back there was a big explosion at my office, everyone’s cell phones were going off with calls from their family and friends to check if they were ok but mine was deathly silent.

That sucked.

I have 40 contacts but I contact less than 10 on a regular basis.

Not sure how many I have, never call them, don't get calls except from solicitors who somehow get my private number. wtf.

Only ever keep the numbers of the people i see or speak to, so around 50/60ish

My cell phone is also my house phone and my business phone. Most of the I have contacts on there that probably don't really count for this question.

blackdot said:
I don't own a cell phone. And I work for one of the major phone companies. :)

Get one. I never had one for years. I bought mine about 2 years ago and for the first year my brother was the only person on there. But you never know somebody might want your number. It is a convienant way of contacting people especially women.

Lost Drifter said:
0 for me too.

I own a cell phone but it’s nothing more an a pocket alarm clock. No-one to call, no-one to get calls from! A few months back there was a big explosion at my office, everyone’s cell phones were going off with calls from their family and friends to check if they were ok but mine was deathly silent.

That sucked.

That's sad.

Never had one so 0

Yeah, I one, and must have 60 people on it; 40 or so who are acquaintances, 5 maybe who are legit bonified friends, and a handful or so of family members. Does anyone call me? Hardly.
If I were to not call anyone, I may get one or 2 calls on any given week. One thing I did notice was that I was making lots of calls to people, and no one was calling me. I noticed this a few years back. I started thinking of the old saying, "The phone works both ways", and so I quit phoning anyone who never phoned me. Hence, I don't speak to many people on the phone any more.

gnome3 said:
Yeah, I one, and must have 60 people on it; 40 or so who are acquaintances, 5 maybe who are legit bonified friends, and a handful or so of family members. Does anyone call me? Hardly.
If I were to not call anyone, I may get one or 2 calls on any given week. One thing I did notice was that I was making lots of calls to people, and no one was calling me. I noticed this a few years back. I started thinking of the old saying, "The phone works both ways", and so I quit phoning anyone who never phoned me. Hence, I don't speak to many people on the phone any more.

I've found that out. I sent text messages to people and most of the time they answer but it is always me making the effort. Similar to facebook messages. At the moment I am not sending messages to people. I am waiting for them to get in touch with me. They haven't much so far !

I've found that out. I sent text messages to people and most of the time they answer but it is always me making the effort. Similar to facebook messages. At the moment I am not sending messages to people. I am waiting for them to get in touch with me. They haven't much so far !
Yes, Facebook is very similar, and my participation (in a FB friend's discussion) is quite contingent on how much they interact with me on FB. You know, it doesn't get any better if I give them the same treatment that they give me, however. They never start phoning me or commenting on my posts if I "school" them by not interacting w/them, but that's ok with me. It's the principle of the thing. I may never hear from them, but they won't hear from me, either.

gnome3 said:
Yes, Facebook is very similar, and my participation (in a FB friend's discussion) is quite contingent on how much they interact with me on FB. You know, it doesn't get any better if I give them the same treatment that they give me, however. They never start phoning me or commenting on my posts if I "school" them by not interacting w/them, but that's ok with me. It's the principle of the thing. I may never hear from them, but they won't hear from me, either.

I got my first mobile number this time last year. It was this woman who left my work place. I loved her very much. I sent her 2 or 3 texts a week, never over too many. She would either not answer, or answer a few hours later or sometimes the next day. My texts were long, hers were one line.

Because how I felt about her, I continued to do this. In October I found out she had been sleeping with a married man. It was my boss who is an ignorant pig. So now I don't bother with her, I never send a text. On xmas day she sent me a text, and then another on Boxing day. A week later she sent another one, a very long one suggesting we meet up. I replied but in a half hearted way. It's a 180 degree role reversal. Her sending the type of texts I used to. She took my attention for granted and now she is wanting to meet up. If she sends me a another text I will ignore it.

Before I went abroad, I had about 20 of which (excluding family) 3-5 I contacted regularly. Once I went abroad to study, I had maybe 5-7, of which I only contacted 1 reguarly (for 2 months)

I think it's best to have one. And have a facebook account as well. They give you that little advantage. You never know what is going to happen, who you are going to meet.

Only family but I only hear from Mom and kids. That's why I don't have a Facebook page and won't have a funeral.:D:D:D
My husband and i traded phones for a week and I kept getting all these calls. It was so exciting!

Latest posts

Back