Popular but lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddd

Reaction score
Why do i feel so lonely sometimes? Im popular in school, i have many friends and id say plenty of people would be happy in the situation im in right now..

So why do i feel so lonely..

Only one way to find out.

Dump your friends. If your happy, then your introvert, if your the same, then its another problem, if you feel more depressed, then you need more "real" friends.

Its just a feeling and itll pass.
It might just be a part of your brain that
Regulate consumptions..
Which makes everything feels dull and borning.
No need to sabatage your life.
Maybe just take a break.
Or a little vacation.
Read a book or take up a new hobbie.
Eventually youll get bore of that...
Then wanna hang out again.

You're lonely because maybe you feel the relationships you have with people are superficial. Get away from everyone for a week or two to see how you feel and how they react.

LonesomeFellow said:
You're lonely because maybe you feel the relationships you have with people are superficial. Get away from everyone for a week or two to see how you feel and how they react.

I would tend to agree with this. Sometimes a person is popular because they only show one side of themselves, the happy, coping, chatty side. Maybe you are hiding your sadnesses and worries because you are scared of losing some of your popularity? Hence your relationships are superficial because you are not being wholy yourself with people. If this is so, I can understand your fear, because deep down inside we all want to be liked.

I'm sorry, I should have gone on to say that it is better to be yourself and lose certain people than to pretend. I couldn't cope with someone who was upbeat all the time, because I would have to hide my own darker thoughts and feelings.

It could be one of the things that people have said above, but not really knowing you more than a few sentences it could be none of those. Only you can really answer your own question, unless you want to tell us more about you.

Why do you feel so lonely?

Write down whatever comes to mind, brainstorm the answer to that question.

Latest posts

Back