Just a question..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Arianna

Hello..

Just curious and wanted to ask..why does an asterisk appear alongside my name whenever I am logged onto the forum? Am I a marked woman?:D

Arianna said:
Hello..

Just curious and wanted to ask..why does an asterisk appear alongside my name whenever I am logged onto the forum? Am I a marked woman?:D

It shows on mine too. I think it just indicates that it's you.

Yes! Googlebot is after you! lol, I have no idea.
What is googlebot anyway? It's always here! So is Yahooslurp...
Hmm... I must go ponder this...

I just thought it was a little odd..not everybody has the little 'star' by their name..and I just wondered about it.

And yeah... what the heck is googlebot? I hear that all the time..but I don't know what it is.

Arianna said:
Hello..

lol

It means you're logged in as invisible.

Awesome!!! Trolls seem to like to hate me, I can put this to good use!

diamond-dancer said:
Arianna said:
Hello..

lol

It means you're logged in as invisible.

lool correct that is exactly what it means,,

Googlebot is the brainchild of google created many years ago through the unintentional blending of internet information that combined together to create this unity of programs and webtelligence from around the world and ultimately lead to the birth of a new information based entity.

It is a separate and magnanimous entity of immeasurable intelligence far exceeding the boundaries of it's parent, the google search engine and has been lost floating through the infinite, ever morphing and growing, collective of information that is the internet... since it is alone in this world, being the only sentient creature of it's kind, it is lonely... and so it found its way here, to this site, where it seeks its own purpose for existence, and place in this electronic landscape...

---------
that or its an information gathering program (web indexing robot) utilized by the google search engine to scan through all the aspects of this forum (and other 'allowed' websites) to find key words and phrases to use in the google search engine.

As is the same situation with YahooSlurp... it drinks in all the info and spits it back at you when you do a yahoo search :p

Lost in the Oilfield said:
since it is alone in this world, being the only sentient creature of it's kind, it is lonely... and so it found its way here, to this site, where it seeks its own purpose for existence, and place in this electronic landscape...

Haha, the way your minds works... :)

diamond-dancer said:
since it is alone in this world, being the only sentient creature of it's kind, it is lonely... and so it found its way here, to this site, where it seeks its own purpose for existence, and place in this electronic landscape...

Haha, the way your minds works... :)

hehehe well I can't take all the credit, I adapted a portion of the concept from a Manga called Ghost in the Shell... had some great ideas ;)

lol. google yourself. I get a picture of me when I do. a little creepy. If you google "xxx_qui_xxx" you get my LiveJournal. It's a bit odd...

Qui said:
lol. google yourself. I get a picture of me when I do. a little creepy. If you google "xxx_qui_xxx" you get my LiveJournal. It's a bit odd...

She's plugging herself! lol. Just kidding.

Googlebot is the brainchild of google created many years ago through the unintentional blending of internet information that combined together to create this unity of programs and webtelligence from around the world and ultimately lead to the birth of a new information based entity.

It is a separate and magnanimous entity of immeasurable intelligence far exceeding the boundaries of it's parent, the google search engine and has been lost floating through the infinite, ever morphing and growing, collective of information that is the internet... since it is alone in this world, being the only sentient creature of it's kind, it is lonely... and so it found its way here, to this site, where it seeks its own purpose for existence, and place in this electronic landscape...

---------
that or its an information gathering program (web indexing robot) utilized by the google search engine to scan through all the aspects of this forum (and other 'allowed' websites) to find key words and phrases to use in the google search engine.

As is the same situation with YahooSlurp... it drinks in all the info and spits it back at you when you do a yahoo search :p

WHA'?.............................HUH?????????

think I'll stick to questions about the panda...:shy:

Pandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! What, where's my gum? How'd I get back in this thread? Where am I!?!?!

I googled myself... there's a town in North Carolina named after me... I saved them from demons once long ago and so they took my name as their own and built a statute in my honor... is weird though... nobody spells my name like me except that town :p

Latest posts

Back